Anyone got a 1.4mpi with pipercross induction

Being a tight bugger i bought a pipercross kit from a halfrauds clearance. i think it was for a rover something turbo.

and i made it fit. my fabia's a 1.4 16v tho

http://images20.fotki.com/v287/photos/8/890293/3431641/P1010002-vi.jpg

gotta agree with the polishing a turd thing tho ya wee chav.

do this instead

http://images20.fotki.com/v287/photos/8/890293/3431641/18tfabia-vi.jpg

Maybe the boy wants a bit of induction noise and doesn't need grief about polishing turds etc.... Anyway buddy on a constructive note, the induction kit won't give you much power gain at all but it will have a decent roar to it, so phycologically it will seem nippier!! I had one fitted to my 1.4 16v which I managed to pick up off ebay for around £40, as for power theres not really much more you can get from an N/A engine (annoying I know) without going through drastic routes i.e. boring out, bigger pistons, up rated injectors blah blah blah, just enjoy what you got.

dunno what the stock filter on mpi is like but theres a weight saving on the 16v cos you dont have that hulking great airbox sat ontop of the engine.

if he wants more power then the best bang for buck solution is whats in the second picture. Its ot cheap tho.

I fitted my own 'induction kit', to a 1.4mpi a while back; it was really quite straight forward. I know a picture paints a thousand words but unfortunately I have no pics of it. so here is a description;-

I removed the lid of the OE airbox but left the lower part in place and then made my own PD160 intake trunking with 3" metalised trunking (avaialble from any DIY shop as used for extractor fan ducting).

I then had a Jetex conical air filter, similar to the one Lummox is selling, which happened to have the correct size neck to slip directly over the OE tubing that would otherwise fit onto the lid of OE airbox. Connection was secured with a jubilee clip and duck tape.

I had the conical filter positioned to sit in/on the lower OE airbox section and secured it with some cable ties. It then had a good flow of cold air to it.

Intake roar - definitely. More power - never really sure. Feel good - :D;)

i had one on befor n it did make it quiker n uped the bho slightly but it had a full cold air feed but had to sell du t petrol costs n i lost me job n needed money lol

but im not boverin no more its buked in fo a turbo n forged body n pistons thnx anyway