Could anyone shed some light for me please?!?!

Hello

I've got '54 Fabia vRS with 50,000 on the clock and within the last week it's developed a few noises.

Firstly there's a rubbery crunching noise from the back end whenever i drive over speed bumps and secondly there's an occasional but loud knock coming from the front (nearside i think) which i can't see any pattern for, it just seems to occur randomly.

I've had a good look under the car and everything looks in good repair.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as it's starting to annoy me!

Thank you :thumbup:

The front could be the wishbone bushes (well covered on here), or possibly the droplinks. Shouldn't be the ARB, as your car's new enough to have the late pattern one.

I have the 'crunchy' noise too, seems to depend on what's in the boot. I suspect the contents of the jack holder inside the spare wheel, 'cos when the boot's full (and therefore pressing on the top of the tool holder through the piece of plywood on the boot floor), it doesn't happen. :ne_nau:

Hello

I've got '54 Fabia vRS with 50,000 on the clock and within the last week it's developed a few noises.

Firstly there's a rubbery crunching noise from the back end whenever i drive over speed bumps and secondly there's an occasional but loud knock coming from the front (nearside i think) which i can't see any pattern for, it just seems to occur randomly.

I've had a good look under the car and everything looks in good repair.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as it's starting to annoy me!

Thank you :thumbup:

Mine makes the same noise from the rear and was told when the weather is cold the bushes creak when going over speed bumps etc. The cure for me was to use cooper grease around the bushes and it cured it! Never made a noise again! :thumbup:

Get your front console bushes replaced with Cupra & Powerflex bushes under £20 each just fitting then which takes about an hour if the mechanic is quick.

Are these better quality then or do they affect the handling? mine is creaking/squeaking like a ba***rd now, so may get it looked at over christmas...

Does seem to have come on now the weather is colder, seeing how it was MOT'd 4 weeks ago and all was fine?

The bushes are solid rather than with voids, so are a lot more durable considering the weight of the engine. Haven't noticed any particular changes in the handling, although they were fitted at the same time as a new (and different) set of tyres, so that could have masked any difference... :ne_nau:

There's more info on Stu's site - Fabia-vrs.com - Home Page - I think! :thumbup: