Can someone help me with all these fault codes

justinbarrow

Been having a nightmare recently with my MK 1 Octavia with the car unlocking itself, Had the codes read and got the following...

Address 01: Engine - 1 Fault Found

01316 - ABS Control Moduale 49-00 - No Communications - Readiness: N/A

Address 15: Airbags - 1 Fault Found

00532 - Supply Voltage B+ 07-10 Signal Too Low - Intermittent (no dash light on)

Address 46: Central Conveinence - 15 Faults Found

01329 - Convenience System Data Buss In Emergency Mode - 35-10 Intermittant

01328 - Convenience Syatem Data Bus - 35-10 Intermittent

01334 - Door control moduale: rear right (j398) 49-00 no communications

01333 - Door control moduale: rear left (j388) 49-00 no communications

01332 - Door control moduale: passenger side (j387) 49-00 no communications

01331 - Door control moduale drivers side (j386) 49-00 no communications

00931 - Locking module for central locking: rear right (f223) 54-00 incorrectly equiped

00929 - Locking module for central locking: front driver side (f220) 54-00 incorrectly equiped

00928 - Locking module for central locking: front drivers side (f220) 27-00 implausable signal

00943 - Heated exterior mirror: driver side (z4) 35-00

00912 - Window regulator switch: front left (e40) 27-10 implausable signal - intermittent

00929 - Locking module for central locking: front passenger side (f221) 27-00 implausable signal

00935 - Electric window motor: rear right (v27) 62-00 no or incorrect adjustment

00931 - Locking module for central locking: rear right (f223) 27-00 implausable signal

Surley this must be pointing towards a wiring problem and what does "implausable signal" mean i am not bothered for now about the ABS or the Airbag just all the faults for the central locking/windows etc.

I have changed the Convenience unit from a same year and mosel car with the same part numbers and still get the same codes?

Any ideas, The guy who scanned it is comming back tomorrow morning to re scan again.

Did you erase the faults and then try scanning again?

I'm just thinking that some of the codes may be as a result of you removing different components as you've been working on the system. Or they may even be faults which were recorded when the convenience module was in the car you removed it from.

Ideally you would need to wipe the faults and then scan it again after trying to lock/unlock the car... I think!

what does "implausable signal" mean?

An implausible signal is one which is totally outside the normal expected range of operation yet is not at ground or at VBat. It simply is a signal that makes no sense to the ECU.

Often you get the implausible signal when there are bad ground connections.

Often you get the implausible signal when there are bad ground connections.

Thanks for this, I am also suspecting a dodgy earth somewhere now you guys have advised but wish vag com would tell me where :rolleyes: What are the suspect locations that you guys feel need to be investigated most...

So far i have checked for continuity between the earth pin on the central conveinence to the drivers doore loom where it connects to the chassis on the drivers side a pillar and also these conections between those points to the earth conections on the passenger side drivers door loom and where they connect at the passenger side a pillar.

Will check the ground conections in the back doors tomorrow when the man with vag com comes back.

Edited by justinbarrow

Dodgy earth sounds entirely reasonable. Might be worth looking over the fusebox too just in case something is failing or damaged.

Do you mean check this by opening it up to see whats going on from behind, I feel that this or the ground issue may be the problem.

I hate electrical problems (why cant they be easy to trace)

Is there a point under the bonet where there are ground connections for the convenience unit somewhere?

Finally what does incorectly equiped mean does this mean that there are parts that dont match the other system conponents.

The codes i am refering to are...

00931 - Locking module for central locking: rear right (f223) 54-00 incorrectly equiped

00929 - Locking module for central locking: front driver side (f220) 54-00 incorrectly equiped

These are the doors that i replaced the locking modules from the other car...would this mean that they are a different part number and not compatible with my system.

Thanks for all your help with this.

Edited by justinbarrow

I was just thinking in terms of checking all of the relevant fuses are working, and that there hasn't been any water ingress or corrosion from other sources. I always keep an eye on this after a persistant problem with the headlights on a K11 Micra, which turned out to be corrosion on the underside of the engine bay fusebox.

Electrical faults make my head hurt, especially as you can't easily fix them with a hammer :)

In terms of wiring, have you had the door card off to see if there's been any serious water damage on the inside ?

Right I ended up putting the original conveniance ecu back on the car along with the drivers side lock mechanism and there are now just the following codes that keep coming back...

Address 46: Central Conveinence - 4 Faults Found

01333 - Door control moduale: rear left (j388) 49-00 no communications

Locking module for central locking: left right incorrectly equiped

The first one (no communications) is the door that does not work on the central locking so suspect wiring

Am i right in thinking that the "incorrectly equiped" faults are perhaps items that a previous keeper has tried to swap over and they have not been programmed to the car so it does not recognise them.

Just would like to know on that one.

I notice the Passat has a block connector at the bottom of the B Pillar near where the front passenger seatbelt anchorage is. But on the skoda there is no conector block it just breakes off from the loom up into the B Pillar then into the door.

I was hoping i would of found a dodgy block conection but there wasnt one :rolleyes:

Will look more at the wiring in the door thats getting no Comms tomorrow.

Thanks guys.