alloy wheel enquiry

Octavia_VRS

hi i want to purchase a set of alloys i currently have 185.65.14 steels if i was to fit alloys with the car as standard for 2002 02 fabia comfort 1.9tdi what would fit?

I really like these 4x 15 Inch Wolfrace Street Hustle with Chrome Inserts Alloy Wheels With 195/50/15 Tyres - Topgear Alloy Wheels

would those fit? are they overpriced if so can i be pointed in the right direction please

cheers ryan

Just send them an email if they fit the fabia, Wolfrace are not an expensive rim so price seems just average to me! But not expensive.

Pay the extra get some decent rubber, as i always say ye spend money looking good might as well spend it to be safe or save some money from accidents.

If you like them go for it, your the 1 who has to look at them everyday, if you think they look the dogs then we are all happy for ya, me i would go 16 or 17 set her off nicley.

Good luck whatever you decide. Remember always buy good rubbers it can save you money!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure you understand that the aim when changing wheel size is to keep the overall diameter as close as possible.

In your case, the diameter is 23.47" and there are loads of tyre size calculators online. If you swap your 14" wheels out for a stock Fabia vRS rim (with 205/50/16) it goes up to 24.07 which is about the limit of how much you want to change by (+/-2.5%).

If you go for a 17" wheel with a 215/40/17 tyre it only changes by 1.3% to 23.77".

Your choice of 195/55/15 on a 15" rim actually would make your speedo under-read by almost 3.4% which is more than I'd be happy with.

Have a play on here TYRESAVE: Tyre Size Calculator

I've had 215/40/17's on my fabia and they didn't rub. The biggest problem with dropping the tyre sidewall height on almost all cars is that the arches look REALLY empty even though in theory the wheel and tyre are the same size. You end up having to drop the suspension to make it look right.

It is a little bit complicated, but basically, what you add to the wheel, you have to knock off the height of the tyre.

Bigger wheels = lower profile tyres. The overall size of the wheel and tyre package has to be roughly the same as what you started with (+/-2.5%) otherwise your speedo will read incorrectly.

If you swap your 14" wheels out for a stock Fabia vRS rim (with 205/50/16) it goes up to 24.07 which is about the limit of how much you want to change by (+/-2.5%).

If however you change them to vRS rims with the CORRECT tyre size of 205/45/16, the diameter is 23.26, which is pretty much spot on (-0.84% difference).

Edited by RobClubley
Removed a small swear :o)

• 2 weeks later...
If however you change them to vRS rims with the CORRECT tyre size of 205/45/16, the diameter is 23.26, which is pretty much spot on (-0.84% difference).

Indeed. Thanks for posting the correct info.