Thinking of a Fabia But what should I watch out for?

Thinking of buying a MK1 w reg Fabia Comfort and wondered what you guys can advise me of what to look for. All I can say is i have had water leak after water leak with my Mk1 Octy and as we are not doing much motorway stuff now just school/shop runs just wanted to know what can go wrong and what to look out for.

And will there be membrains on the doors behind the cards or are they proper metal.

The car is a 1.4 16v engine and has covered 62,000 miles has the following...

After Market Stereo Fitted:rolleyes:

Central Locking

Air Con

4 Electric Windows

Drivers and Passenger airbag

ABS

Would the central locking be remote or will it be the same as my MK 1 Octavia (operated from the key)

Finally is the Fabia also based on the golf like the MK1 Octavia

Thanks for the help, just wanted to find out more about the fabia before I make the call.

Thanks again.

Mines a 1.4 Classic, W reg, 60,000, but it's the 8 v not 16 v when bought in summer. In case it is of interest...

Almost everything that is a well known fault has happened: Power Steering (new angle sensor required), low fuel economy (faulty thermostat); a few electrical faults; oil pressure warning light (required new oil pressure switch).

It had already had a new MAP sensor when I bought it.