Engine Warning Light

P.P.Power

Oh dear......today my Rs has decided to illuminate it's Engine Electronics warning light. So off to my Skoda dealer who, being "snowed under" cannot look at it until late Monday. I was told that if it appears to be running O.K. then don't worry..mmm. Has any fellow Briskodians had the same warning light illuminate continuously ? I would be interested to here what the eventual diagnosis was....trivial or serious problems....just to foreworn me.

My Rs had it's first service 2500 miles ago and has run faultlessly since purchase.....so I'm a little concerned now that it appears to have a problem.

Any replies most welcome. T.I.A.

Not a vRS, but...mine's been on since, er, erm, Decemberish... :D

Goes off every once in a while, but it comes back on - took it into the dealer in December and they said "temperature sender's gone, we'll replace it". The light came on during the drive home!

Since then I haven't really been bothered as the car runs fine and isn't emitting lots of smoke or using too little/much fuel.

It's probably more likely to be a fault with one of the sensors than the car itself!

Rob.

I saw a lot of that light on the 1.4 16v Fabia I used to have.

The dealer was happy for me to drive it so long as only the engine light was on. (It once came up with ABS, ASR and a few others!)

You should be OK for a few days but I wouldn't be surprised to here them say any of the following:

Lambda sensor

Temp sensor

Any other sensor!

"It shouldn't do that. We've reset it. Come back if it happens again." :eek:

The eventual fix for mine was to replace a bit of the wiring loom, but I got rid if the car soon after so I don't know if it was a perfect fix or not.

Good luck with getting it sorted.

I'm a vRS owner! :thumbup:

I had the engine electrics warning light come on whilst on holiday in France in June - whilst SWMBO was driving I hasten to add.

I reckon it had something to do with the Jetex exhaust and 100cel cat back fitted by Jabbasport a few weeks before. The light went off after 4-5 days and hasn't come back on since.

Needless to say, SWMBO hasn't been allowed to drive it since. ;)

So, I wouldn't worry unnecessarily, unless the car's running rough, in which case get it checked.

Andy

Yep, I'm a vRS owner and it happened to me a few times. I was getting a contiunous light from the dash board and had this on at least 3 occasions. I've forgot the diagnosis code (I think it was 17705 but could be wrong) and the ECU was saying "Bank B running rich" and did turn out to be a faulty sensor. The car behaved perfectly, appart from the light on the dash.

Touch wood, I have not seen the fault for a good few months now, but it was only a 5 minute job for DM Keith in Bradford.

Stangely, I did get my first warning light about 2000 miles after it's 30K service.

Spooky.

Yep' date=' I'm a vRS owner and it happened to me a few times. I was getting a contiunous light from the dash board and had this on at least 3 occasions. I've forgot the diagnosis code (I think it was 17705 but could be wrong) and the ECU was saying "Bank B running rich" and did turn out to be a faulty sensor. The car behaved perfectly, appart from the light on the dash.

Touch wood, I have not seen the fault for a good few months now, but it was only a 5 minute job for DM Keith in Bradford.

Stangely, I did get my first warning light about 2000 miles after it's 30K service.

Spooky.[/quote']

I had this fault but no warning light on dash, just noticed the fault when a friend plugged in Vag Com http://www.briskoda.net/forums/showthread.php?t=7798&highlight=17705, the problem still hasn't been fixed.

• 4 weeks later...

Had it once a few months back on holiday. Car ran fine but light stayed on having come on after driving in VERY heavy rain. Took it to a dealer in Berwick who plugged in the Vag Com and it said something like "incorrect fuel mixture" (can't remember properly). Dealer said he'd never heard of the fault before, reset it and it's been fine since

Been having the same problem with my 1.8T Octy. Started after a service when the car was 2 1/2 years old. Dealers(numerous) have not been able to fix it. :finger: Trying a new Dealer now. :thumbup: Skoda Customer Care not much help either. :finger: They soon lost interest as did I in getting it fixed. :mad: Heard all the previous comments before and had lots of parts replaced except for the MAF. Runs like a dog with the MAF connected, :thumbdwn: but disconnected it runs like a dream. :thumbup: Light still on! Getting rid of it this week for a new Furby vRS. This site has restored my confidence in Skoda more than Skoda themselves. Looking forward to the new Oil Burning experience.

That light was on for about half the time we had the vRS. First 4 occasions were due to coilpack meltdown, so fair enough. (You haven't got that for sure). Then came on for a temperature sensor or something, then on and off for about a year for no apprant reason. Irritating :thumbdwn: Bit of black insulation tape does the trick :thumbup:

How spooky is that, having posted 4 days ago, the bloody thing came on again this afternoon. Took it into the dealer - fault codes 17705 P1297 Connection charger-throttle valve. Pressure drop and 17545 P1137 BAnk 1, mixture adaption (add.) system too rich (which is the one that came up last time)

I

You should be OK for a few days but I wouldn't be surprised to here them say any of the following:

Lambda sensor

Temp sensor

I had the same problem. First the temp sensor was changed and the light went out. Then, as I left the garage, the light came back on. Then they changed the Lambda sensor. It appears that the system resets if the battery is disconnected and the light goes out - for a while.

I had driven 180 miles with the light on. The lambda sensor is on the catalytic convertor and not a major fault.

I continually drive with the engine Managment and Electronic power control lights illuminated, It's just the Air con sensor, so it doesent affect the car, But when people get in they say oh! Stop your engine warning light is on, then I innundate them with all the faults it's had, but don't take the lights too seriously, I doubt if you can cause any damage driving with them on, it's to do with electronic faults isnt it, now if the oil pressure light came on, then I'd stop :)