my fab

krissis

ouch!!!!!!! thats about 200 quid more thn i payed and thats taking into account my new ferrodo ds 2500 pads and race spec brake fluid too,mind you i suppose its the price you pay if someone else does it:O

Well, if you buy the ones from GolfTurbo (the delivery mileage Audi TT ones) they're now over £300 delivered with effectvely new pads and disks and then £100 to fit doesn't seem so bad to me.

You can get used ones off a crashed 3B Passat for £100 from a breakers and refurbish them for a lot less, but I'd rather pay for good ones from the outset. You do always pay more if someone else does it, but again, I don't mind supporting folks like Lummox who puts in so much effort on these forums.

Well, if you buy the ones from GolfTurbo (the delivery mileage Audi TT ones) they're now over £300 delivered with effectvely new pads and disks and then £100 to fit doesn't seem so bad to me.

You can get used ones off a crashed 3B Passat for £100 from a breakers and refurbish them for a lot less, but I'd rather pay for good ones from the outset. You do always pay more if someone else does it, but again, I don't mind supporting folks like Lummox who puts in so much effort on these forums.

im looking into it,

i know what you mean and agree, but if you can fit them your self or have a friend who no's what they are doing why not, my mate fitted me coilovers for me for free, so im overly pleased as it leaves money for a de cat and air filter :D

mine were a bargain,came with new disks,i had to buy the pads,i like to fit hings myself so i know they are done right(an ross is a bit far for me to travel):D

think i got 5 octy spiders with tires and 312's with new discs and pads for £300... was a bit of a bargain :D and tt hoses too :)

think i got 5 octy spiders with tires and 312's with new discs and pads for £300... was a bit of a bargain :D and tt hoses too :)
i got the hoses too,but didn't end up using them,the above was a good bargain,nearly as good as my 40 quid tt comps,steal!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hi, im looking into gettingt a decat, but ive been advised not to, any ideas what i could go for instead or how do i go around the problem and get one fitted?
you get round the problem by fitting a td stage 2 hybrid:D

there are 2 schools of thought on this,personally i would er on the side of caution it seems that decating and the fitting of a downpipe can make the turbo overboost and pop on a re mapped car,others have run the above mods with no problems but as the turbo isn't exactly the strongest unit in the world,i wouldn't do it.

Oh and de catting a diesel doesn't have any effect come mot time,as derv powered carsare only smoke tested rather than a full emisions test.

you get round the problem by fitting a td stage 2 hybrid:D

there are 2 schools of thought on this,personally i would er on the side of caution it seems that decating and the fitting of a downpipe can make the turbo overboost and pop on a re mapped car,others have run the above mods with no problems but as the turbo isn't exactly the strongest unit in the world,i wouldn't do it.

Oh and de catting a diesel doesn't have any effect come mot time,as derv powered carsare only smoke tested rather than a full emisions test.

cheers for that mate,

mine isnt remapped yet but want to fit a better exhaust so then ill get more out of the remap. and the above is what ive been told alredy, the stage 2 hybrid sounds good but like you say not the most powerfull, :( ill keep researchiong, :D

What kinda height are you running them at in those pics mate?

looks pretty darn good, very nice indeed. :D

gives me a bit of an insight on how mine will look.

thanks

in the pics the front is 55mm lower, the back is has no adjusters on so is lowered about 60-70mm, now the rear adjusters are fitted they are 55mm all round,

but when i get time the front is going down a tad and the rear up a tad for when i put me bike rack on,