Can you "point" fabia wiper jets?

I got a new jet from Skoda (about £2.50) to replace one which had the insert to give a fine spray missing. This one is now pointing very low and barely reaches the screen, I've been meaning to take a pin or thin knife to it for a few days now to see if I can adjust the aim, will let you know how I get on.

Garrick

Unfortunately the blades are precision plastic mouldings with channels on flat blade inserts, not the usual swivel ball with hole in. The grooves in the blade insert are what determines the spray pattern and when the whole assy (outer housing and blade) is clipped in place all the angles of dangle are automatically correct.

The blades often extrude out in the winter when they freeze up or come loose in the summer when the back plactic gets hot.

For what they cost its less hassle to buy 2 new ones and clip them in, takes seconds and cures all.

I did mine last year, the blades kept coming out and I'd find them in the scuttle tray in front of the windscreen. You know its happened when instead of the usual mist fan the jets turn into ornamental fountains gurgling away!

HTH

p.s. you can push the blades back into the nozzle housing if they extrude out but they always come out again eventually.

Had a simillar issue with my old octy vRS, assuming the fabia is the same with the jet mounted on the scuttle it could just need the scuttle panel re-seating. It only takes a small movement to put the washer jet miles out.