Power steering fluid......mechanical help please

Looking from the front of the car, the filler is visible about 3 inches below the front right hand side of the battery tray. Alternatively, follow the washer filler pipe until just before it disappears out of sight and you will see the filler cap just to the left.

• 3 weeks later...
This sounds so sad.....but where is the point of to fill the power steering fluid up at on my fabia ?

Iv looked in the book....and it says below the battery, but it's not :confused:

anyone have any advice ?

12/01/2009

Hello,

I have a Fabia VRS 2005 and my power steering filler cap is located beneath the battery tray,

In simple terms remove battery, remove the tray it sits on.

You will the see power steering filler cap, there are 2 types, one has a knurl (fluted) cap, the other, a flat blade (like the end of a flat blade screwdriver.)

Both will have the oil level guide attached to the cap itself.

Been told 2 types of steering rack, and various types of oil to use. Suggest go armed with chassis No (and vehicle log-book perhaps) to main dealer, to identify type of steering rack fitted. Good-Luck.

:thumbdwn: Well sorry lads but I had to top my wifes up a fair bit as it was right at the end of the dipstick. Pity its not like the Octavia's where its at the top of the engine near the anti freeze reservoir.:thumbup:

• Like 1

• 6 years later...

Nothing like resurrecting an old thread. But how do I fill up without overfilling please - little bit, check, little bit, check, etc? Sorry and thanks!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Nothing like resurrecting an old thread. But how do I fill up without overfilling please - little bit, check, little bit, check, etc? Sorry and thanks!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Yeah, there's a dipstick in the cap. Just keep checking.

TRW: B = Max. If you accidentally overfill you can suck it out using a cheap, clean turkey baster.

rsz_3677877.png

• Like 1

Do the check when the car is on level ground, the wheels straight ahead & with the fluid cold eg not after a run.............clean exposed top part of cap, unscrew & then dry the end "bobble", re-fit cap fully then carefully unscrew cap & level of fluid when cold should just cover the bobble. When fluid warm or hot it should be in the recessed part of the stem above the bobble. 

Best & most accurate when cold..................