Seat Belt Problem

Is it just sticking in the bit it loops through before going down behind the trim? Or is the actual retrieval strength of the mechanism gone to pot? Trying pulling out from below that loop to see how the winder is. I have sometimes found it sticking in the looping bit due to the trim covering the bolt sliding down.

Try a duster with some pledge or similar on it, pull the full length of the belt out and give it a wipe, The slow retraction can sometimes be the lint / oose from your clothes clogging it up.

It is quite common though, sometimes this works and sometimes it doesnt, worth a shot.

Driver's belt. How much would as new belt cost and to fix at the dealers?. I will try to fix it myself by using WD40 etc etc, dont want to pay for a new belt.

Then you will be wasting your time using wd40 on the belt! not only will it make it clogg up even worse but youll gte nice oil marks across your clothes.

• 3 weeks later...

You guys are lucky over there in the UK.....Here in Dublin, I went to get a quote to replace the driver's seat belt and was quoted nearly EUR 400. ( about £ 360 ) :eek:

Going to go up north to see what the comparison is......probably half the price !!

I took mine to the dealers as the drivers belt wasnt retracting very well, It would take about 10-15mins before it rewound itself. I was sure it wasn't just the top loop getting dirty but when i took it in to the dealer they just cleaned the belt and the loop and it worked properly again. They gave me a copy of the bulletin, which basically highlights the car handbook saying you should keep the seatbelt and loop clean.