Infant car seats in VRS...

We`ve just swapped our Fabia VRS for an Octie II VRS TDI (2007 PD engine) to cater for the impending birth of our first child (apparently we needed more space!)

We like the look of the Maxi-Cosi Cabrio Seat, which attaches to the Maxi-Cosi Easyfix (ISO) seat base, as this inter-works with the push chair system we have spotted.

Just wanted to check if anyone else has one of these fitted in the back with the ISO fittings, to make sure it`ll go in ok.

From reading other threads sounds like you can get seat protectors to cover the fancy VRS back seats, any recommendations for these?

Cheers

Andy (and Emma (and bump))

Well the MC cabrio fits in the back of my mk1 octy without the iso fix base just fine. So I guess thats of no real use too you, iirc the mk2 is slightly bigger than mine so you should be fine, but yes you do need more space, than the fabia.

HTH

Andy,

Mrs Pinty (not sure she will like that expression) is also expecting a bump. My first thought was to ban the baby from entering the vRS - too much risk of projectile vomitting - but Mrs Pinty has since reminded me that she only allowed me to buy the vRS in order for it to carry children and dogs (the Skoda dog guard works very effectively and has prevented any damage to the passenger compartment but apparently there is no equivalent for children).

Anyway, if you do come up with a solution that isn't in this thread, please PM me as I will also find it useful!

We`ve just swapped our Fabia VRS for an Octie II VRS TDI (2007 PD engine) to cater for the impending birth of our first child (apparently we needed more space!)

We like the look of the Maxi-Cosi Cabrio Seat, which attaches to the Maxi-Cosi Easyfix (ISO) seat base, as this inter-works with the push chair system we have spotted.

Just wanted to check if anyone else has one of these fitted in the back with the ISO fittings, to make sure it`ll go in ok.

From reading other threads sounds like you can get seat protectors to cover the fancy VRS back seats, any recommendations for these?

Cheers

Andy (and Emma (and bump))

I have a Brio Primo + Primo base system in my normal Octavia and that fits just fine on the rear seat. The Primo base is attached to the cars ISOFIX system.

The base has foot plate to cover the rear seat so no need to buy a separate seat cover.

Much more safer than fixing the seat with seatbelts.

I have a Maxi Cosi seat here for my impending bump, and I have just bought a MkII vRS as my "family car" also.

I'm not sure what model the seat is but many people have said that using the isofix can "pinch" the seats so I would be interested in suitable seat covers too.

I have successfully used the Sunshine Kids Grip It Car seat Protector with both forward facing anf rear facing child seats in a number of different cars and currently have 2 in my Octy vRS wagon. They stop the seat slipping around and protect the seats. My forward facing seat is Isofix and the rear facing just seat belt attached. See the link below for details of the product - I bought mine from Halfords - £12.99 although I see these guys have them cheaper but P&P may make them more expensive. The company also do a product to protect the backs of the front seats from toddlers kicks - something to think about when the bumps move to forward facing seats!

Thanks

Sunshine Kids Grip It : Prams | Pushchairs | Car Seats | Baby Care | Nursery Furniture | Shop Online - Winstanleys Pramworld

Another vote for the Sunshine kids things but we use 2 of these:

Sunshine Kids Ultra Mat from Halfords Price £19.99

They come in 2 pieces, the one for the back rest has a strap to affix around the headrest pillars and the one for the base just sits there but is held in place with the car seat.

We have 2, one for the ISOFIX booster and a 6 yr old, and another for the forward facing ISOFIX for the 2 year old.

Steve

Looked at that "Ultra" one online but none of the Halfords near me had it so I went for the "Grip it" mat which has seen three years of hard use and has done the job perfectly. I would have thought you would have noticed the obvious bonus for Fifers in that it is seven quid cheaper too!

Looked at that "Ultra" one online but none of the Halfords near me had it so I went for the "Grip it" mat which has seen three years of hard use and has done the job perfectly. I would have thought you would have noticed the obvious bonus for Fifers in that it is seven quid cheaper too!

:rofl: Not lived in Fife for long enough so not got that affliction yet!!

To my mind the Ultra ones look better on the seats, blend in more and dont look too out of place but both will do the job!

Steve

Andy,

We have a MkII

VRs and have the maxi cosi Isofix base and seat.

The seat fits just fine. Our maxi cosi car seat came with a set of yellow guides which also act as protectors and stop the isofix base from ripping the seat material.

That along with an old pillow case has left the car seat as good as new after 10 months of solid use.

Andy

How do.

Our 19 month old lad sits in the back of our Mk II vRS in a Bebe Confort Axiss, which you can swivel round and just pop him in without reaching over. It's the absolute nuts - why anybody would buy anything else in beyond me... :)

That's the Recaro one I'm wanting too. I told swmbo that's what we'd have even before he was born, traded it with letting her choose the pram/pushchair.

Go for it, matches the seats a treat i think and you know its well made. Wish i had the balls to go and buy it but she does get scary sometimes :o and the pink is OTT.

I have the maxi cosi priori fix iso fix seat and it works great (fitted no problems to my VRS). I saw the recaro seats as well but they do not recline very easily so not the best for sleeping kids. The maxi cosis come in a range of colours so can get it to match the interior, they also look good and they are soime of the safest seats around (the most important factor!!!). I used the mothercare seat protector as it was one of the cheapest around at the time. It is a one piece item (although the back can be cut off when you convert to a booster seat) and is made from heavy duty rubber. It fits great and seems to be protecting the seat well too.