I purchased an Octy

And love it to bit. I've had it just under a week and have just completed a 6 hour drive. Cracking car! Very difficault to fault it.

Chris Horswill's Photos - Motor | Facebook

I've just a couple of questions if you wouldn't mind:-

How much is a new drivers seat? Mine is a bit too bucket like with a distinct lack of lumbar support. Mind you at 133k I'm not surprised. I have driven the same model from 0 to 80k and the seats were one of the best things about the car. Always very supportive and great for lumbar. Mine has obv given way.

How much do Skoda charge to remove the requirement to double press the unlock button on the remote to unlock all doors? Or better still, is there anyone with VAG-COM in the Devon area?

What in your opintion is the best tuning box for the 2.0 TDi and why did you choose that company?

Cheers!

Can't really answer your questions I'm afraid but great photos! I'd probably keep an eye out on ebay for a replacement driver's seat from a breakers - I suspect they'd be very expensive from a dealer.

Can't imagine a dealer would charge much to alter that setting for you though - probably free , if you were in for a service / mot at the same time. I take it you don't have maxidot, else you could do it yourself?

Yep, thought that might be the case - don't forget there's an airbag in there as well though.

A friend of mine just had his Clio 172 written off after a minor-ish knock to the side. The panel damage was probably about £600 worth, but replacement of the seat after it was destroyed by the side airbag going off accounted for nearly another £2k :eek:

Definitely keep an eye out at the breakers yards then!