I don't like cats....

Tailhappy

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As everyone else is..

The black cat was very unfortunately knocked by a car and had to be put down as she was paralysed. She was a nightmare to keep clean around her back end but boy did she have character!

The other cat (15 or 20 weeks old at the time the photos were taken) was the ferrel one. As shown she's incredibly friendly and good fun :)

26528.attach

26529.attach

26530.attach

Now I have to be honest here, I dont like dogs or cats. I dont like the thought of fur all over the house, dogs and cats both smell and I hate that a large majority of dog and cat owners expect you to love their pets as much as they do!

My 5 year old son is terrified of dogs because some idiot dog owner decided to let her labrador puppy run full pelt at him when he was 1 whilst we were playing at the park. It frightened him to death and that was it! You can never trust a dog as a friend of mine recently found out when her mothers dog (who has always been a good tempered friendly animal) attacked her daughter and she ended up having to have plastic surgery on her face.

My brothers ex wife is a cat rescue person (which I admit is a nice thing to do) and currently has 13 cats which stink the house out, the floors are always filthy and everything is covered with fur. My neice stays at my parents every weekend and they have to rewash her clothes when she gets there because they are covered with hair and stink like a litter tray!

oh and they crap in your garden, sit on your car and scratch it, kill birds and small rodents for fun and leave them dead on your patio, scratch furniture, cough up disgusting furballs and can carry germs that can potentially kill babies, small children and those with a weakened immune system.

Sorry to rant! Each to their own. If you love your dog/cat then thats fine, just dont expect everyone else to love it! :D

Now you may think I am an animal hater but I'm really not. I've had my fair share of pets over the years, including guinea pigs, fish, hamsters, lizards, mice and rabbits.

Now I have to be honest here, I dont like dogs or cats. I dont like the thought of fur all over the house, dogs and cats both smell and I hate that a large majority of dog and cat owners expect you to love their pets as much as they do!

My 5 year old son is terrified of dogs because some idiot dog owner decided to let her labrador puppy run full pelt at him when he was 1 whilst we were playing at the park. It frightened him to death and that was it! You can never trust a dog as a friend of mine recently found out when her mothers dog (who has always been a good tempered friendly animal) attacked her daughter and she ended up having to have plastic surgery on her face.

My brothers ex wife is a cat rescue person (which I admit is a nice thing to do) and currently has 13 cats which stink the house out, the floors are always filthy and everything is covered with fur. My neice stays at my parents every weekend and they have to rewash her clothes when she gets there because they are covered with hair and stink like a litter tray!

oh and they crap in your garden, sit on your car and scratch it, kill birds and small rodents for fun and leave them dead on your patio, scratch furniture, cough up disgusting furballs and can carry germs that can potentially kill babies, small children and those with a weakened immune system.

Sorry to rant! Each to their own. If you love your dog/cat then thats fine, just dont expect everyone else to love it! :D

Now you may think I am an animal hater but I'm really not. I've had my fair share of pets over the years, including guinea pigs, fish, hamsters, lizards, mice and rabbits.

Fair enough - but there are lots of positives as well for us cat and dog lovers! You've listed the extremes really.

Our cats don't smell like litter trays and they spend a lot of time outside so the hair on the furniture is minimal.

And our dog has wool so she doesn't shed and doesn't smell particularly doggy.

My mum and dad had a Shetland Sheepdog that was incredibly dim, shed lots of hair and was really stinky! In fact he answered to stinky if you called him.

As for dogs/cats and kids - they are animals and will always have animal instincts. It's awful what happened to your friend's daughter and your son and I fully understand your point of view!

Edited by RobClubley
Punctuation fail

I will put some pics of my namesake up, he's the resident fleabag who keeps my parent's amused and on their toes! Need to suss out online pic hosting first...

First moggy was feral and kept the psycho attitude, and as for whoever said you never hear of cat's having chewed a kids arm off, well they never met Jenny! She was like a hormonal Great White, but with fur and a proper Vicky Pollard attitude!

The problem here would be lack of hygiene, I have 2 cats and they do not go outside, they share a large litter tray and the house does not smell at all and there are hardly any hairs anywhere, but that is because I clean up constantly, the litter is emptied regularly, the furniture is sticky-rollered every morning ands sprayed with Frebreze if needed, I vacum every day, sometimes twice per day. I suppose if we did not have cats, I would be able to clean less often but thats my choice to have them

IMO/E that's a comment on the ex-wife, not the fact of cats. My best friend has had as many as 4 (2 owned and 2 foster kittys) and the odd bit of hair-condomented food aside you never notice them!

I like cats. They taste like chicken...

Sorry, I have that on a t-shirt :rofl:

Anyway, I'm a cat person. There's two reasons for this. First, when I was 3 my grandad's sheepdog jumped up on me and scratched down my face, nearly blinding me in my left eye (no scar these days though :)), and when I was 6 my neighbour's young collie managed to completely remove the top of my thumb and my nail (which, funnily enough, has scarred quite nicely :thumbdwn:). On both occasions I was minding my own business and having nothing whatsoever to do with the dogs....just random incidents. I suppose I was just unlucky, but it means I still don't feel at ease around dogs.

Besides, I hate the smell of a 'doggy' person's house or car. My pet hate (excuse the pun!) at work is having to clean out a car traded in by a dog lover :mad: takes forever and you feel manky afterwards...usually involves a long shower before dinner.

Secondly...we've always had cats. Our current cat, Dougie, is a big 11-year old neutered tom who was born in our garage to our previous cat. He's been in the family since I was 7, and he's always waiting at the gate when I drive home from college :) He's clean and friendly lump of orangeness, although occasionally snacks on not birds or mice, but frogs and dragonflies. Odd creature, but he's part of the family.

Everyone knows that the real definition of madness is where you get the urge to go fishing.

Well I'm definitely mental then, I like cats AND fishing :rofl: