Rs8 19's

What are multi fit wheels? A friend has a set of 19in rs8 replices, vgc with good tyres for sale for £400. Not sure they would look right on my mk2 vrs or if they would even fit. Came off an A6 but he alleges they will fit as they are multifit.

Sure he will be open to negotiations if i don't have them off him.

Multifits have more than one set of holes for wheel nuts of different PCD. They're OK IMO as long as there's a cover over the wheel centre. Two sets of wheel nut holes just look cheap...

All depends on the make of the wheels, there are very few aftermarket wheels i would even consider, makes like:

BBS

Ronal

Speedline

Compomotive

Revolution

Are all decent makes, they either make OEM as well as aftermarket ones or have a proven pedigree in rallying.

A lot of lesser know brands use inferior quality metal / manufacturing resulting in either very heavy or quite weak wheels that are prone to buckling, sometimes even both.

The paint / lacquer finish is also something to watch, how many aftermarket wheels do you see that are just a couple of years old, yet they already look a mess.

Wheels are definitely one of the things that you get what you pay for, this is especially true when considering large diameter rims as you loose all of the sidewall 'suspension' when on very low profile tyres.

They look nice on his car, but just checked the bank and 'computer say's NO' haven't the funds don't think they will go on his new car so if anyone knows anyone who wants them pls let me know.