vRS 4x4, just wondering........

first up I don't have the technical ability or wish to do this but........

IF you had a octy 4x4 and a vRS in various states of (dis)repair would it be possible to built a Vrs 4x4 :rolleyes:

Ive asked this question before and i was told you would be better off starting with a 4x4 petrol Audi A4 as iirc (though no doubt somebody will correct me if im wrong) the only 4x4 octy available is a diesel so you would have allsorts of issues.

HTH

Carl :thumbup:

I think the point with these type of projects is to create something unique. Yes there are other vehicles that may do similar but its not the same as building your own. I often thought about this with the Mk1 as I had a vRS but switched to a 4x4 as it was more usable in everyday conditions. Many remapped Mk1 4x4s are basically vRS 4x4.

How about a Scout petrol FSI as the starting point......

A remapped 2.0 4x4 or Scout can't be far of diesel vRS performance anyway.

I've jst lowered my Scout (on the computer) to see how it looks.

26614.attach

Ive asked this question before and i was told you would be better off starting with a 4x4 petrol Audi A4 as iirc (though no doubt somebody will correct me if im wrong) the only 4x4 octy available is a diesel so you would have allsorts of issues.

HTH

yeah but you get a oil burning vrs too.

HTH

Audi A4 is longitudinal whereas the Octavia is transverse being Golf platform so the engine and drivetrain are the wrong way around. Perhaps a smashed up 8P S3 would be a good place to start though :D Something I'd do if money were no object, but then if money were no object there wouldn't be an Octavia on the drive if you know what I mean :thumbup: