VAG.com help needed in W.Yorks

I have a small but annoying problem with the skip ( well, I have about 20....) and could do with a diagnostic check doing.

My tame mechanic, although good with modified cars hasn't a lot of experience with diesels, and would like to know exactly what he is looking for before he starts re-fettling the car.

I have an idea what the problem is, but as he thinks I am a lunatic anyway, me trying to give him advice is a bit like trying to teach a goldfish to bark.

Assistance asap would be appreciated, and a few beer tokens will be forthcoming...:thumbup:

TIA, a rather frustrated Grumpy...:(

id help but my lead is inn thirsk :(

When are you getting it back John?

I don't suppose there is an immediate rush, as the car will be off the road for about a week once work commences.

Why what's up with it?

It's running like a bag'o'sh!te' :(

From start up it's missing like hell and lumpy as feck and smokes more than me. When warm it runs perfectly on wot but is still lumpy on normal running, after about 1/2 hour it starts being smokey as hell again but runs spot on.

I'm very confused.

It's running like a bag'o'sh!te' :(

From start up it's missing like hell and lumpy as feck and smokes more than me. When warm it runs perfectly on wot but is still lumpy on normal running, after about 1/2 hour it starts being smokey as hell again but runs spot on.

I'm very confused.

It does run rough when very cold, or even just first run of the day. Has this just developed recently then?

It does run rough when very cold, or even just first run of the day. Has this just developed recently then?

It seems to have.

Admittedly it has had quite a few short runs ( i.e. about 2 miles ) recently, but unfortunately I haven't had the time to give it a decent blast. I can see a proper Italian tune up is overdue.....:D

It seems to have.

Admittedly it has had quite a few short runs ( i.e. about 2 miles ) recently, but unfortunately I haven't had the time to give it a decent blast. I can see a proper Italian tune up is overdue.....:D

It's confused. Go kick it's head in.

Could do, ill have to check that its all working present and correct on the lappy first.

Last time i used it was on garys (oilburningnuts) car and it wouldnt connect :(

Cheers John.

I'll pm you in the week :thumbup:

I'm more than happy to help, and know my laptop and lead works :D

I'm ruled out till at least this time next week though, while my turbo's off at TD being looked at :rolleyes:

Steve