Servicing and cam belt

Been wondering what action (if any) I should take.

My car (55 plate vRS) is variable servicing (had its last service within last 12 months), but due to driving lower miles the indicator is potentially a way off yet.

My question is should I get the car serviced, even though the indicator isn't saying it needs it. Also based on mileage (approx 55k) should I get the cam belt sorted?

Variable sevice is every 2 years minimum or when the car tells you (asuming the correct long life oil was used) so you don't need a service yet.

Cambelt is recomended at around 4 years old or 60,000 miles which ever is sooner so you don't need that yet either.

I'd say get it all done when your car reaches the 60k milestone as long as the following does not happen:

Your time since last service does not exceed 2 years or when the service indicator alerts you and your car does not become 4 years old within this mileage.

I was in a similar scenario as you with my 55 plate on variable, the last full service was done in October 2007 so was due at 57k or October 2009.

I wasn't keen on the idea of variable servicing but thought I'd sit it out until the service light came on, that arrived at start of December when the car hit 55.7k.

I did my first home service at just over 55.9k changing the air filter, spark plugs, oil filter, pollen filter and oil - that came in at £65 for official parts and about £30 for oil. Reset the service indicator on the dash so its every 10k here The difference is immense right up the rev range to the extent i thought it was crazy.

I'm getting the cam belt and water pump done at 60k possibly just before. As for the future? I think I'll do the oil and filter plus air filter every 10k with plugs and pollen filters at 20k.

I'd get it off variable as i genuinely can't believe the difference its made to mine after 12 months / 18k