Octy 1 Wheels - Worth it or a waste of time and money?!

PastyBoy

Afternoon all

My hunt for Octy1 wheels for my fabia has so far been short but hugely unsuccessful.

Having missed out on 3 sets on here and 3 sets eBay i was tempted to give up but have found an ex Police Octy that has definitely been involved in an "incident"

It appears to have left the road on the outside of right hand bend, slid the front into a brick wall and then been rear ended for good measure!! :rofl:

The drivers side rims are perfect and i am assured that the spare alloy is also perfect; even though they can't get it out at the present time due to the squashed boot panels

The passenger side wheels however have not faired so well:

The rear looks a relatively simple job to repair as the only damage is:

Wheel1-Pic2.jpg

Front Wheel however is in a right state:

Wheel2-Pic1.jpg

Wheel2-Pic3.jpgWheel2-Pic2.jpg

Wheel2-Pic4.jpg

• Are they repairable?
  • Is it worth buying them? or buying the 3 good ones at least?!
  • what figure should i be looking at? Breaker said "Mint condition sets go for £300 so we'll, take £200 for these" which is a joke!! :thumbdwn::mad:

Advice, Opinions, Criticism off Police driving :thumbup: All welcome

How handy that i have a large stick approx 30ft long lying around somewhere!! :rofl:

These images have gone off to various wheel restorers/repairers/refurbers and 4 out of 5 have said the front is a no go and 2 of 5 dont wanna touch the rear either.

Think i'll get the 3 good ones and wait for a single wheel to come up somewhere! :thumbup:

Where did you find that?

Given the want for these and that it's taken me this long to find this dog of a set i'm not gunna give away the location for love nor money :P:P

They're not that difficult to find or obtain - you just need to be patient :)

I know i know and if i'm honest with myself the money is better spent on 40k service/cam belt work :thumbdwn: but they just look so good! :D

If you get the three cheap, you will find one crops up and will be cheap as well. This is what I have done with my evolos, and I found 1 wheel for £50 on Ebay and then another for £25. :eek: both brand new as well. :thumbup: Cheaper than a refurb in the end.

If you get the three cheap, you will find one crops up and will be cheap as well. This is what I have done with my evolos, and I found 1 wheel for £50 on Ebay and then another for £25. :eek: both brand new as well. :thumbup: Cheaper than a refurb in the end.

Think that may be the plan - 3 wheels (no tyres) £90 from the breakers (might negotiate with also buying of some 312mm brakes)

plus one wheel from the bay of E for £50 then save for the rubber!

or alternatively:

Im just discussing a deal for Octy vrs wheels... will be my second set lol...

they are a nice wheel.. gona put mine anthracite :)

What you doing with the VW badges twin spoke jobbys? I'd happily switch my attentions from Octys to them! :thumbup:

Think that may be the plan - 3 wheels (no tyres) £90 from the breakers (might negotiate with also buying of some 312mm brakes)

plus one wheel from the bay of E for £50 then save for the rubber!

or alternatively:

What you doing with the VW badges twin spoke jobbys? I'd happily switch my attentions from Octys to them! :thumbup:

it would be a straight swap so they're part of my deal :thumbup:

they're the standard VRs 17's rather than the 4x4 Octy 16's

The breakers yard have so far been less than helpful - they clearly can't send emails, reply to faxes, return messages, or provide accurate quotes! (£100 on the phone, £200 when i went there!)

Time to walk away and there appear to be a set of 17's in the for sale section here so the search continues.

Oh and black looks good with the silver :thumbup:

change standard to white to go on a red one?! hmmm tempting! :D

Mine are std 16" vRS rims.

i may have my info wrong then - i thought standards on Octys was 17" and the 16" were limited to a short run of 4x4's - either way the 2 pics in the last 2 posts make me want a set even more in either size!! :thumbup:

They aen't actually black, they are a VW dark metallic grey.
you're gunna quibble between dark met grey and black - ur a pickier man than me :P
I am getting rid of my wheels if your intrested. I am just not happy with the look anymore.

Mine are 17" with powdercoated Anthersite (spelling) and two more of less new coopers on the front and half warn falkens on the rear. PM me if your intrested.

PM Sent - Anthracite + red car = brilliant!

and if others get wind of your sale intention expect many many more!! :)

I am getting rid of my wheels if your intrested. I am just not happy with the look anymore.

EH!!! Are you feeling a little unwell or something Phil? :confused:

This is my favourite Fabia VRS on Brisky...

If mine (also silver) looked half as good I'd be needing surgery to wipe the smugness off my face!

What is in the pipeline to replace them?

Or is it a closely guarded secret?

i may have my info wrong then - i thought standards on Octys was 17" and the 16" were limited to a short run of 4x4's -

Some early mark 1 Octy Vrs had 16" Spiders and also they were standard fittment on the VRS estate.

I had them on my 51 plate but I'd have them in 17s if I still had the car. Easier to clean and fill the arches better.

EH!!! Are you feeling a little unwell or something Phil? :confused:

This is my favourite Fabia VRS on Brisky...

If mine (also silver) looked half as good I'd be needing surgery to wipe the smugness off my face!

What is in the pipeline to replace them?

Or is it a closely guarded secret?

Thanks for the comment mate :D I am going to try somin diffrent. I have black all over the car and the wheels look a little odd as they are anthersite (spelling) so I am going for a magic black (black magic i can never remember) TT COMPS. See how I get on with them. its also being slammed on them, not stupid low, but quite low. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

i have a set of octy 1 spiders that came with the car when i bought it... due to the roads i use on my commute i want to revert the whole wheels/suspension set up back to standard.

if you want a set of 17's then i would be willing to arrange some kind of swap with yours if you like.

let me know if you are interested.