Really annoying - alarm going off when it wants.

Sri5

I've got a really annoying problem for both me and my neighbours!! Last week the drivers door decided to it will only unlock when it wants too, and now the alarm has started going willy nilly - 4 times last night! And I can't simply leave it unlocked as it locks itself again after 30 secs.

So my main issue is how to disconnect the alarm or at least the sounder untill payday when I can get a specalist to look at it. I think I've located the sounder to under the scuttle panel at the passenger side but this panel is not very easy to remove? Does anyone know how to this or even whats causing it?

do you have an aftermarket alarm of is it factory fit!

sound like the door motor is stick and the door closed(interia light) circut my be built into it,

rather than using the fob! lock it with the key!

deactavate alarm open door turn ignation on turn ignition off close door the lock with the key, other wise the autoarm will kick back in after 5mins or so!

hope this helps

I guess its the original one although there is a rather large bright red button fitted to the side of the dash.

If I use the key, the alarm still activates. I've tried using all the methods of locking it without arming it but they dont seem to work, both LED's always light up. But when it went off last night, I went and checked and the drivers door had opened itself - I reken this may have a significant effect on the alarm sensors!!!