Oil pick up in the sump

Is it worth replacing as a servicable item as I know they can get munged up and cause all sorts of problems, I'm approaching 85k and just wondering if it's worth doing.

Also would it be worth doing an engine flush, if so whats the best way of doing this ???

TIA.:D

Years ago used to flush engines all the time, not so much now as oil quality has improved.

That said we have had a couple of Pug 307`s blow their turbos due to oil starvation:eek: we normally replace the oil pick up pipe (sieve) and all the other oil feed/drain pipes. The sieve is normally gunked up.

So yes in answer to your question, if your not sure on oil change history

HTH

Phil

Have you had the car from new? My 03 plate (from new) has always had Synta gold in it after swapping to 10k servicing after its first service..

Up to you really, if you do the work yourself then why not...might be worth PMing Lummox

Phil

Hi Fatty

We have at the moment a Leon in having that work done to the sump , as he has a problem with the pich up

We do oil flushes too at £9.99 + VAT to go with servicing and have seen some responses with it

So maybe you know , it could be worth considering?????

Next service , may be wirth an oil flush too

Sarah