Coded Skoda Symphony problem

Just fitted a Skoda Symphony CD/radio unit in my Fabia Silverline. Works brilliantly apart from one small problem. Every time I take the key out and then put it back in the unit has to be recoded? Anyone any idea why? I used one of those ISO fitting things so I needn't cut the wiring loom if that helps.

in addition, if the car had previously had a non skoda headunit then its possible the 12V supplies were reversed and need to be switched back to the correct way round. If this is not the case, then as stu mentioned the perm 12v feed is not connected, if the wire is present then I would suggest checking the appropriate fuse.

I would say you haven't got the perm live connected.

:confused:Is the permanent live the thick red or brown wire?

And where would be a good place to wire it to? The hazard light switch could probably be the nearest point, couldn't it?

Forgive me for this but when it comes to electrics if my brain was dynamite it wouldn't blow my head off!!

no,no.

Manny is most likely correct. You shouldn't need an adaptor to put that radio in your Fabia, if it had an aftermarket unit in it previously then it's possible the two lives were swapped.

no,no.

Manny is most likely correct. You shouldn't need an adaptor to put that radio in your Fabia, if it had an aftermarket unit in it previously then it's possible the two lives were swapped.

:thumbup:Thanks both of you, you were both right.

Didn't need an adapter at all. Plugged it straight into the old connectore and it works brilliantly.:thumbup: