Alarm fault - boot sensor

max vrs

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone can help. I've got an 05 fabia vrs and for the past two days the alarm has been tripping intermittently. I've worked out that it is a possible boot lid sensor (through the cunning means of looking at the dash warning light, and deducing that the boot is in fact shut!!!)

Does anyone know where the sensor is so i can have a look and see if anything is in the way, is this a common falut (doesn't seem to be looking at the forums), and i'd be interested if anyone else has had the problem.

Local garage charging 80 quid for diagnostic

Thanks

Max vrs

P.s only way of stoppiong car alarm is by leaving it unlocked!

Edited by max vrs
mis spelling and extra information

Well alarm went off again last night. So much for the WD40. Had a chance to look at your reply (Dougal). After 10 minutes ofhard graft and a couple of nasty looking cuts on my fingers, i managed to prize off the boot trim. Lo and behold a distinct aroma of washer fluid, and one loosened wiper hose. Problem now fixed. £80 remains mine. Just deciding how best to spend said windfall. I think it's time MAX had the rear ARB he deserves (blame the kid for them name, but i secretly like it!).

Thanks for the sound advice.