Octavia Combi 1.8 TSI DSG

hiya all,

newbie here,

i am a previous owner of a GOLF IV 1.8 GTI. very reliable and nice car. very hard to let it go.... :(

Just bought an Octavia Combi 1.8 TSI DSG.

anyone got one of these beauties?

what are your thoughts/problems....

Welcome

this engine is highly rated and the facelifted Octy has had very good reviews in Britain, so sounds like you've got a great car.

What specification level is it? you can only get DSG with the 1.8 in L&K spec in the UK

hiya, thanks

i didnt buy the L&K. Here in luxembourg ( and generally in central Europe ) the 1.8TSI DSG is offered in the stand versions ambiente and elegance.

i bought an ambiente but i have put on many many options...(missing nav and leather seats...)

if you are interested have a look at the brochure from luxembourg

http://new.skoda-auto.com/LUX/model/Documents/LDPNewOctavia.pdf

however, the 1.4 tsi is not offered with a DSG yet here in central europe....:mad:

I heard later, around summer time, they should start offering these motors with DSG...

We're meant to get the DSG on the 1.4TSI in February in the UK

I think you've got a great car.

I'm owner of Octavia 1.8TSI in china, and have 1 year experience.

118kw

250N.M 1500-4200rpm

6 speed tiptonic

excellent low-down torque, good mid and top-end power, good economy, quiet, smooth,I like it.

thanks for your replies..makes me confident i made the right choice...

i was undecided...to go for the superb II or the facelifted octavia...my head was saying octavia, my heart superb....i chose octavia...hope i wont regret it...

if you are interested have a look at the brochure from luxembourg

http://new.skoda-auto.com/LUX/model/Documents/LDPNewOctavia.pdf

It is really incredible to see the huge price difference and the level of equipment offered in various countries. I've also ordered a new Octavia FL 1.8 TSI DSG in Elegance and Arctic green colour (2 weeks ago), but here in France the Elegance and Ambiante are in the reverse order. Here it starts at Classic, then Elegance, then Ambiante (with options I didn't really want) and L&K which is solely offered for 2.0 TDI 136k. I still had to add a few more things, such as Xenons, pack confort (duo tissue/leather seats, el. roof window and front parking sensors) and radio Bolero. When I see your prices from LU or even prices from CZ, where the L&K is offered with 1.8TSI DSG for less then 5000 euros, I wanna cry....:)

Just of interest, catalogue from France and below from CZ:

?koda Auto France - Catalogues et tarifs

?koda Auto ?eská republika - Nová ?koda Octavia - Ceník Octavia (1 euro = 28 CZK, 1GBP = 31 CZK).

UK prices are great too, but the steering wheel doesn't seem to be on the "right" side :D

I know it is difficult to compare prices, as the specs differ a lot, but here's just an overview of some 1.8 TSI DSG prices in different countries (I used the highest spec for comparison, L&K where available):

UK:

Combi 1.8 TSI DSG L&K - 20.790 GBP (23.805 €)

Czech republic:

Combi 1.8 TSI DSG L&K - 745.900 CZK (=26.683 €)

France:

Combi 1.8 TSI DSG AMBITION (L&K not available with this engine) - 28.890 € (L&K spec would be close to 30k, I guess)

You make the conclusion yourself....which country is expensive :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

well road tax, insurances, servicing, petrol are more expensive in UK.... :)

somehow everything taken into consideration compensate the price difference of the cars....

Anyway...23rd is the day!!! delivery time!!!

I don´t know which country is the most expensive, but in Denmark!!!

Combi 1.8 TSI DSG ELEGANCE (L&K not available) 357.000Dkr.= 45.000 GBP = 47.900€

and a 25% VAT...

I want to immigrate to Sweden, Germany or Great Britian. I don't care where :-) just away

OMG! That's unbelievable...45k GPB !?! You must be better off buying the car abroad without VAT and paying the VAT in Denmark, I suppose...

I thought I bought my car overpriced here in France, but now I am happy I don't live in Denmark :)

Tourbolux: Did you get your car yesterday? If yes, welcome in the club of 1.8TSI DSG owners :) I am very happy with mine so far...I've done only first 500km, but it drives very well.

I've been driving a 1.8TSI Elegance (6spd manual) for a good year now and done over 25.000km.

No problems so far, the engine is simply excellent and it has got almost the same consumption as my previous 1.6MPI Elegance.

Slick, did you observe a drop in the consumption during the first 25k km? Let's say after around 2-3.000 km or then after 10.000km? Has it settled down or is it pretty much the same from the beginning? I guess you are averaging around 8 liters per 100km now...

I didn't notice much difference, it is pretty much the same from the beginning. I'm averaging 8,5-9 l / 100km, but I do have a heavy right foot. :)

I've managed to average it down to 7,6 l / 100km on a long distance trip (a few 100 kilometres on a highway).

Hi Tourbolux Congratulations on your new car :-)

Hi Sidzej Congratulations on your new car to, it looks real nice :-)

The problem in Denmark is that we dosn't have any car manufacturer, therefore all cars gets a (high) import tax, so I am afraid it dos't help getting the car from another contry.