changes tyre pressures...v happy!

2006 Octy 2.0tfsi VRS

I had my pressures set to 30psi rear and 32 psi front, normally getting average of 32mpg to and from work.

I had decided to go to 34psi front and 32 at the rear, got 37mpg:D average to and from work and the car feels a bit sharper.

I'm now thinking about going to 36psi at the front just to check for any further differnces, if no change I'll just go back to 34 at the front

Still getting the loud rumbling from the Good year Eagles F1s' but it doesn't bother me too much as I know they're due a change in the spring and they're not far off the tread markers.

I'd keep them as they are (if you are happy with them) or put them to 34 or 35psi front and rear. IIRC OE pressures are the same front/rear. I think you'll find 36psi is a tad too high.

How do you find the handling with the rears softer than the fronts; ought to be less understeer as the rear is softer?

I'd keep them as they are (if you are happy with them) or put them to 34 or 35psi front and rear. IIRC OE pressures are the same front/rear. I think you'll find 36psi is a tad too high.

How do you find the handling with the rears softer than the fronts; ought to be less understeer as the rear is softer?

The handling still feels crisp, I'm quite a sedate driver so don't know if it makes any difference during hard cornering etc, the handling on roundabouts and twisty roads feels very good and balanced.

I've never got any weight in the back of the car other than the spare wheel and tools so I don't think I'd be improving anything by raising the rear tyre pressure