Octy II wing mirriors?

sjm

Hi All,

My N/S wing mirrior casing has smashed due to someone forcing me too far over! :(

Main problem is the indicator light and the really useful beam light which lights side of the car up is reflecting all over the place.

Skoda garage quoted £160 for a new one been painted etc which imo is abit much for just a wing mirrior. So I am wondering if any of the aftermarket ones are any good? I see alot about the M3 and M6? Also does anyone have any pictures of aftermarket wing mirriors on a octy 2?

Id like the "beam" light if possible too as that is very helpful in the dark.

Regards

Steve

It looks like you need a cover and the indicator unit, but the picture is not that good as it is in the dark. Plus the cover will need painting. I would say around £90-£100 would be fair unless you paint it yourself.

I agree, just a new top cover and the indicator unit. The mirror is still sitting true, so it looks like you have not broken the expensive bit with the motors in.

You might be able to pick a cover up from a breakers yard in the right colour,but otherwise the cover + indicator isn't that expensive from a dealer.

The cover comes primed, so add about £30 if you know a friendly a paint shop to do it for you.