HELP PLEASE rumbling noise

Hi everyone hope someone can help ? ive got an oct vrs cr saloon , few months ago i hit a kerb stupid i know , took the car to main dealer Autosales Bilston ,they replaced the offside wheel, bottom arm, hub assembly, shock absorber, had four wheel alignment check (not by someone as good as wheels in motion) which was all ok,car drives straight and true. I have recently noticed on left hand lock a vibration/rumble and noise at lowish speed ,it feels like driving on a rumble strip, at high speed its just a constant noise and vibration all seeming to come from the previously damaged side ,dealer have had it in today no visable sign of any conponents coming into contact ,dealer not a clue at moment , any ideas thanks

Like Simon says sounds like a CV Joint im afraid...i've had knocking while setting of this week and it was thought it was the front wishbone bushes(were also torn and crazed) . Replaced them to find a bolt missing from the gearbox to subframe mount.

Could be something as silly as that.

Thanks for reply, my only experiance of a cv joint going is a clicking noise when moving away, there is no noise or vibration until you are moving and put some left lock on ? with the car on ramp you can turn wheel with lock on and can not feel any clicking or vibration? does it still sound like a cv joint ?

I've experienced similar on full right lock when cornering very hard (e.g. mini roundabout at speed). Had it checked for just about everything and the dealer said he could find nothing - although he may not have been going quite as fast as I was.

I suspected a CV joint, but the car continued OK for another 35k miles and was fine as long as I didn't take mini roundabouts at 40mph....

• 2 weeks later...

update ! autosales bilston have diagnosed the problem , one of the gearbox mounts had broken dont know if it was the result of the kerb incident but its fixed now thanks to those who offered suggestions as to the cause.

sounds similar to my problem the only way to check the mount is to remove it . I was sure it was caused by something on the osf just shows how the symptoms can deceive , the defective/broken mount was on the nearside of the engine bay.