Move away from Skoda

KentStu

Well after having my Octy since late 2002 (I think!) I decided that now was probably a good time to try and get a good deal for an update. Looked at a variety of new cars from the Octy 2 RS, Octy 2 Scout, Mondeo etc and then after all that i've now ordered a new S-Max 2.0 TDCi Titanium in metallic Sea Grey :eek: . It is a bit of a change but was looking for a car that had a bit more width for 3 kiddie seats across the back (which most saloons / hatches do struggle with) but was also not a van with windows. S-Max has had very good reviews and it seems a nice package and handles well.

The clincher in the end was the price I could get - drivethedeal were doing them for £17,500 OTR with 12 months tax and as my brother works for Ford I also got £2,500 off with the Ford Privilege scheme - at £15,000 it is a lot of car for the money :thumbup: Due to pick it up first week of March.

Will be sad to leave Skoda as have loved my Octy but time to move on - will have to keep an eye on what the next offerings are from Skoda for when my wife needs her Ibiza changed :D Happy Skoda-ing guys :cheers:

I like the look of the s-max but can't quite bring myself to buy and MPV.

I know the feeling, i'm still not sure that it is really me but at least the S-max is a bit better looking than most MPVs and, as you say, at £15k new I couldn't really argue too strongly against it :)

Of all the MPV's the s-max is one of the least van like... I also quite like the Mazda5.

There are some real bargains to be had right now iwith very little effort as well. :cool:

All in all the only thing that puts me off is the fact that at the end of the day it's still an MPV and I've not quite given up on life just yet. :D

Enjoy your new car. :)

Drop it onto coilovers and make sure it's black and it's no longer a kiddy transporter.

Even if you got one with the 5pot I would still know it's an MPV.. :P

Only downside is that you'll probably look like the local drug dealer who had to downsize from the range rover sport.

:rofl::rofl:

Sounds like a good deal. Don't worry about moving on, you buy what suits you. A lot of people on here are Skoda enthusiasts but have moved on to other brands. They're still actively involved here though and it is what makes this site so good: a Skoda forum but with a wide knowledge loads of different cars!