Bonnet release stiff, Bonnet catch inoperable

I've had my 55 plate Octavia Mk2 Est 1.9tdi for a week.100k on the clock and as on sound as a bell; delighted with it.EXCEPT I cannot get the bonnet open. The release catch comes off in my hand, and if I hold it in place with my other hand the thing won't budge so the bonnet won't open.I really would like to check the oil & water soonish.What is the short term way forward? What is the long term fix?MarcusOctavius

:thumbup:Thanks for the link. It seems to concentrate on handles falling off. Any ideas on getting the bonnet catch to shift? Once open I can saturate everythiung in WD-40. When are Skoda going to hold their hands up and admit the fault? But if that's all that's wrong with it I will forgive them. I've just moved from a 1992 W124 Mercedes diesel estate, so I am pleased to find that familiar "hewn from granite" feeling even if the ride is not quite so cosseted. The fit and finish is better than current Mercs.