whats this switch for???

mrobbo

Hi, Just plugged the diagnostic code reader into my fabia and whilst doing so Ive found a little 'pull push' switch just above the compartment that opens up for the data connector plug.

It is a little pull and push switch that says 'ON' when you pull it out and when its in the 'ON' position it is visible through the handle of the compartment.

The thing is, Ive no idea what its for!

I dont have any handbooks with the car so, any fabia owners, can you please help?

Ive pulled it and pushed it a million times but cant see what it does!!!!!

Thanks guys.

Sorry guys, just found the info about 10 seconds after posting it on here!

Thanks again for everyones help.

This site really is a gem!

Its kinda ruled out the ejector seat! lol

It's the well known secret that gets a few people the air conditioned can holder!

air conditioned? i thought it was a the same temp as the dash vents meaning it could be heated as well - resulting in the "exploding can of coke" thread?

air conditioned? i thought it was a the same temp as the dash vents meaning it could be heated as well - resulting in the "exploding can of coke" thread?

Aaah, but it's still "conditioned" air (assuming that the AC switch is on and the system is working) isn't it? Be it hot or cold conditioned air :P

True the same can be said for the glovebox as well, nice melted mars bar for example, think I have used the can holder once since I bought the car and that was two days after buying it in a year and a half of owning it.

Davy

Ive got to say, Ive used my chilled glove box many times, but i always remember to turn it off to prefent melted chocs an warm beer:cool:, did i say beer, i ment cola :P

And is this the reason i see octi ambulances? So they can put organs in the chilled glove box lmao :rofl: