leak comming from under the bonnet

i have a 1.4mpi furby.. and i've noticed a small oily appearance puddle that seems to be coming from the drivers side, probably midway back in the engine... does anyone have an incline as to what this might be? and is this a common problem?

i personally think it might be power steering fluid, but im by no means an expert

I would say driveshaft seal, but really it could be anything. The trick with finding oil leaks, is to follow the stain to it's highest point, as oil always runs downhill so to speak. If it's still not obvious, best thing is to clean off the oil with gunk, then take the car for a run, and see if you can find the oil leak source that way.

Also make sure it's not brake fluid. Another possible cause is a split crankcase ventilation hose, so inspect the PCV system.

First, identify the fluid properly. It could be hydraulic fluid (PAS), brake fluid (brakes or hydraulic clutch), engine oil (guess) or gear oil (guess again). It's even possible that it could be coolant if you're running 50/50 G12 and water.