Adding POIs to the Columbus (with pictures)

In an attempt to help anyone struggling, as I did originally, I've now written a page which users may find useful if trying to add their own POIs to those supplied with the current Columbus SatNav DVD.

The page has both text descriptions and computer screen-shots, which should add confidence during the tasks. I hope you find it useful. You'll find it here if you're interested. :)

Ray.

I tried doing it this way and found the whole process excessively complicated, so I use Pimp my Nav instead.

That said, top quality instructions, and dead easy to follow. Nice one.

Well, I've been using it for the last 4 months, and can attest that it works perfectly. Must admit, hadn't seen the FAQ where it said VW/Skoda wasn't supported, but I suspect that's out of date.

Here's a screen shot of the DVD once mounted (using Daemon Tools), and it recognises the disc quite happily.

Also, here's a link to a thread where I put down what software I use to do my own disc's

http://briskoda.net/superb-ii/new-superb-columbus/129195/#post1527491

As I said before, excellent post by Argee, and if you're doing this on a budget, it's the only free option available to you.

27594.attach

Very good initiative, Argee!

I find your instructions clear, and I believe users will find the illustrations helpful. The french instructions I earlier followed were good, but difficult to use for those not reading french (that includes me :()

Users will need to save their icons (34x39 pixels) in RGB, 8 bits pr. channel. Some icons I downloaded and resized had a lower colour depth and was not accepted by the RNS510 POIs inspector v 2.5.

I will also advice users to plan ahead and sketch up the desired structure on paper. The program RNS510 POIs inspector v 2.5 has no Edit or Delete features. Not very flexible, but it is free, and it works!