Fuel Temp Sensor ??

Hi Guys,

Looking for some info please.

2004 tdi 105pd , warning light came on dash. Garage read the code as "P0183-fuel temp sensor A circuit high input."

I changed the sensor but am still getting this warning intermittently.

The book also lists a sensor B, does this car have a sensor B and if so where is it ?? (in case I changed the wrong one !! )

If not any suggestions as to what to check next ??

The sensor I changed was front right of the engine and part no 038906081B.

Thanks for any help.

Adbru

Thanks for the reply,

I have cleared this a number of times as well :(

Bit of a pain , but hey hoo.

any idea what the resistance of the sensor should be if its good ??

Would be worth testing the 'faulty' one before i bin it in case its actually ok....

The resistance varies, depending on fuel temp. When mine went, it was giving incorrect readings to the ECU giving some strange symptoms when driving. My MPG actually went up because the ecu was underfuelling causing a rough idle and a misfire when driving along. Once replaced MPG returned to normal, the misfire disapeared and the emissions light went out.

Hi, my Octavia PD 105 had the same fault at 120k miles, replaced the part which cured it but light came on again at 128k, same fault code. Was going to replace the part again assuming it to be a dud but garage noticed a loose wire which has been repaired & problem solved. MPG back up, getting 50 ish average, 65 on a long steady run. Pity the turbo has just gone!!