Octavia sdi Timing Belt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey I have a 2001 Skoda Octavia 1.9sdi. The car has 64000 miles and i want to get the timing belt changed on it. Some people have told me i do not need the whole kit, I just need to put a belt onto it. Does anyone have any advice to give me on this matter.

Is this the first change for the belt - done on miles rather than age? If the first change the tensioners and things are probably ok (given the low miles), but for peace of mind I would fit the kit and change the water pump at the same time too. Otherwise if one of those fails your looking at the labour costs/time to change it all again....

Edited by mbames

As above, do the full kit, and the water pump, because it's minutes to do as part of a belt change, and about as long as belt change otherwise, if only because when you're changing the pump in 2 years time when it goes you'll need to replace the belt itself because it's been contaminated.