17963 fault code

Hi all,

Well, my Octy vRS 1 is back on the road again, after a bunch of new valves, tensioner, timing belt, new turbo and a pile of new gaskets, and she's running great...... :thumbup:

.....except for the fact I'm getting little to no boost.:thumbdwn::thumbdwn::thumbdwn:

Basically, the car is idling beautifully, revving fine, turbo kicks in, bit of a kick, then it just fizzles out, with the turbo just whistling away giving me nothing.:confused:

A quick plug up to VAGCOM (thanks BPM!) shows some Lambda Sensor Faults (17524 and 17511), plus this:

17963 - Charge Pressure: Maximum Limit Exceeded

P1555 - 35-00 - -

I have been reliably informed this is most likely the n75 valve causing the trouble, either a blockage to it or a knackered valve?

What do you guys think? seems to be no other posts here about this error code!

Thanks all,

T

Thanks a mil Ian, I'll try to pick one up tomorrow.

I see that there are basically just 3 hoses and an electrical plug?

I'm a newbie when it comes to replacing things, but would like to give this a shot. What's the best way to remove the OEM clips holding on the hoses? Should I be able to pick up replacement jubilee clips easy enough in halfords, etc?

The clips have a raised part that you can get a small screwdriver in and twist and that usually pops them open, sometimes they can be stubborn but persevere and they will come off. You can't use them again so you can be brutal.

Halfords will have the jubilee clips you need, think the size is 10 - 14 mm iirc might be worth marking on of the pipes for position when refitting to be sure you connect it right.

All in all will take about 5 minutes. A nice introductory job to the world of vehicle maintenance :thumbup:

Ian

better to get the jubilee clips from somewhere like GSF or another motorfactor as Halfrauds want £2.95 for 2 10-14mm stainless clips. less than half that at the factors. Also be careful when choosing clips that they are solid type like this

jubilee_mild_steel.jpg

instead of having the slots for the screwthread like this

jubileeclip.JPG

as this they will damage the pipes. HTH

yeah, I just called him back and asked him to check the part number and he insists that it's correct, I gave him the other part number (06A 906 283 E) and he says that one is from a Superb not the Octy vRS. He got quite offended at the suggestion that he check the part number!

He's faxing over a picture of it to me now apparently so I can check it's correct.

Okay, so the plot thickens- I've just had a look under the bonnet, and it looks like one of the hoses coming out of the n75 valve goes nowhere? presume this is wrong? Where should that be going? it's only about a foot long, and is a very clean cut so it's unlikely that it's worn off. pics below.

27643.attach

27644.attach

Appreciate the advice!

T

Edited by thomj42

Okay, so after further rummaging around I found a hose coming out of the Wastegate Actuator on the Turbo itself, that looks like it should be inserted into the hose hanging off my N75 :) :) reconnected it, and the car is driving much better. :D:D:D

Final question (I hope!)

Is it okay just to use a Jubilee clip to link these two sections of hose or is there some other way they should join together?

yeah, looks that way alright, The hose seems to have 2 distinct sections on it, at the N75 end it's just a rubber hose same as the others, but on the turbo end it's like a thinner hose with a sleeve around it? Sound familiar?

Thanks for your help guys.