Locking dustcaps

Ah! - I should have twigged. I call those caps on my MTB dust caps - DOH! Were the little sh*ts letting down your tyres as well as nicking the caps? Anyone know if there are caps that go over the bolts on your alloy wheels? I'm not sure I really need them (can view pic on my www if necessary). The bolts are jet black, and not in very good nick (you know how black bolts can look "worn" after a while)

I'm probably just fretting over nothing in particular, and should save my money for the eibach springs :D

Hmmm. I think tacky MAX POWER would be a good description of that site. I couldn't see any other dust caps than "richbrook" which had "R"s on them - Not that I'm really interested. I was just curious how locking dust caps worked.

PS: Rob. You sure you're not living in Liverpool? I thought that was the capital of, I quote "thieving little monkeys" :D

Manchester is quite close enough to Liverpool, and I do work with a fair number of thieving Scouse scum, so I have to be cautious ;)

When you view those ones with the "R" logo, there's a dropdown list for selecting your logo, with an option for Skoda logos. Not sure how the "locking" mechanism works, so I guess I'll find out!

Cool! I still reckon that me investing in lockable dust caps would be a waste of money considering you can leave your car keys hanging in the ignition overnight, and your car will still be on the drive the next day. I suppose cars up your way don't last much more than a few minutes if keys are left in the ignition? Shame, that. :(

A tip here

Maybe you should think about putting some grease or vaseline on your tyre valve , as I had these metal logo caps on my Capri 2.8i , and i left them on that long the bloody things seized to the valve stem , could I f**k get the little sods off! Ended up having to use a set of big pliers on them , and by this time 2 of the 'Ford' logos has fell off so i junked the lot of them and put the black plastic jobs back on!

As shiny as they look, I prefer normal dustcaps - I'm not sure I'd like to have that bolt sticking out the cap like that. Thats just a personal view.

PS: I do love shiny bits though - Just lashed out a fiver on a Skoda chrome keyring. Should get it in time for NEC meet perhaps.

Originally posted by Dmac1969vRS in this post

A tip here

Maybe you should think about putting some grease or vaseline on your tyre valve , as I had these metal logo caps on my Capri 2.8i , and i left them on that long the bloody things seized to the valve stem , could I f**k get the little sods off! Ended up having to use a set of big pliers on them , and by this time 2 of the 'Ford' logos has fell off so i junked the lot of them and put the black plastic jobs back on!

ROFL....now thats funny:D