Bluefin on 1.9tdi

Hi,

im sure this has been covered before but I have searched and not found much except VRS reviews. Has anyone got a bluefin for their 1.9tdi Octy 2? Does it improve fuel economy as well as power? Any drawbacks - excessive wear or early failure of parts?

i dont have a bluefin, but i do have a remap and here's what i've found.

better fuel economy, much better flexibility, much faster tyre wear (and i dont thrash it), and your DMF clutch will take a beating and possibly fail more quickly.

apart from that, it's all good :) the performance is marvelous, and on a long trip i've seen her do well over 50mpg while still being able to overtake quickly and without drama.

i dont have a bluefin, but i do have a remap and here's what i've found.

better fuel economy, much better flexibility, much faster tyre wear (and i dont thrash it), and your DMF clutch will take a beating and possibly fail more quickly.

apart from that, it's all good :) the performance is marvelous, and on a long trip i've seen her do well over 50mpg while still being able to overtake quickly and without drama.

thats not good for a DSG box is it?

thats not good for a DSG box is it?

The 6 speed handles it fine, the 7 speed ...... who knows :)

Have a search about DSG's, they are more robust than people give them credit for.

thanks for the that fluffmeister - i have the 6speed so I should be fine.

I'll order myself one!!

I ran a PD140 for 20+k with a remap, pushing 410nm torque and 173ish bhp, not a squeak, another member here has a relative with a high mileage vw with the 6 speed dsg and it's been mapped for 400+nm torque.

Like I say, have a search around the forum, there is plenty of info.

thanks - I have the 1.9tdi 105bhp - so my options are limited to a stage 1 - with a 20bhp gain.

Bluefin seems to be the best bet for me so far - but I'll do my bit of research!

I heard the new bluefin sets have better VAGCOM code recognition /correction. any ideas?

Will talk to JKM - they have decent prices and ship international as well!

I have recently remapped my 07 1.9 tdi. Angel tuning done the trick and the car is going very well. Fuel economy seems to be about the same, though I haven't taken the car for a good long burn on one of our few decent roads here in Eire. I have got 4.9-5 litres per 100km on 50 mile runs on B roads so that seems very good.

The pickup and extra power in 4/5th gear is excellent for overtaking. I have gone from 105 to 140bhp

hey those are great figures for the 1.9 tdi

thats a 48bhp bump from stock?

would u please provide details on any parts that were changed(upgraded) apart from the ecu remap??

thanks!

Edited by babhishek

hey Octygone and Fluffmeister

what were your stock engine BHP's? was it the 110PS engine or was it the 130PS engine?

1.9 8v TDI Diesel 1.9 L (1896 cc, 116 cu in) 4cyl SOHC 110 PS (108 hp/81 kW) @4150 rpm 235 N·m (173 lb·ft) @1900 rpm AHF/ASV 1997–2006

or

1.9 8v TDI Diesel 1.9 L (1896 cc, 116 cu in) 4cyl SOHC 130 PS (128 hp/96 kW) @4000 rpm 310 N·m (229 lb·ft) @1900 rpm ASZ 2003–2004

edit: I have the 1st one.

as per the Bluefin site - the mod gives around 20% more - this means 105 bhp would give 120-130bhp.

How did the both of you manage to extract so many BHP's?

what else apart from a panel filter and bluefin do I need?

as per the Bluefin site - the mod gives around 20% more - this means 105 bhp would give 120-130bhp.

How did the both of you manage to extract so many BHP's?

what else apart from a panel filter and bluefin do I need?

A better map :), mine has been verified on 2 separate rolling roads and the figures where virtually identical.

Just a straight forward standard stage one :) but with a panel filter......nothing else apart from using the best diesel I can find....in this case Shell V power.

Was tested at JKMs rolling road which is acknowedged as being very accurate, I was only expecting around 130 bhp so it was a pleasant surprise

Bsr say they can do the same thing and take it to 150 bhp

http://www.bsruk.co.uk/tuningkits.asp?id=1183

Edited by Octygone

Just a straight forward standard stage one :) but with a panel filter......nothing else apart from using the best diesel I can find....in this case Shell V power.

Was tested at JKMs rolling road which is acknowedged as being very accurate, I was only expecting around 130 bhp so it was a pleasant surprise

Bsr say they can do the same thing and take it to 150 bhp

BSR UK - Tuning Systems and products provided by BSR and The Nordic Car Company

@octygone - you are one lucky bloke!!!! :D

I guess I will stick to Bluefin - with a Green Panel or a Pipercross!

waiting for a response from JKM!

:D

Mines done by performance torque ...... I don't use premium diesel and have stopped using millers, the power runs on my graph were done with a tank of Asda cheap diesel in and it made similar figures on the Performance Torque rollers again with supermarket diesel in it.

Petrol is the fuel of the god's and V-Power petrol makes a difference, even on the bum dyno, premium diesel however seems to make no difference at all so I don't bother and my graphs are pretty good, holding the available HP for longer in the rev range :)

Performance Torque only charged me £260 after a discount for having a couple of cars mapped with them and Will's maps have been consistently excellent :)

Edited by Fluffmeister

I am based in india so the best option for me would be bluefin

I hope they can adjust the maps a tad for a warmer climate

Apart from this I am thinking of a green drop in panel filter shipped to india

I guess I can expect a bump of 30 bhp withthis I hope the new bluefin can read and correct some engine errorsfor me and this should be a good deal for me and