12v Connection in Centre Console.

All,

I was a little disappointed when I found that the centre console doesnt have a 12v cig charger in it.

I think it would have been a great idea as you could charge your mp3 player whileconnected to the aux port.

Also you could charge your phone there too as its not important that the phone has good signal with the columbus unit.

And finally it would mean that the ashtray lid doesnt have to be open all the time with a charger connected to it making the whole thing look untidy.

Has anyone added a 12v connection in the console.

Would it be easy to take power from the 12v connection for the people in the back ?

FYI I use a Blackberry Storm so charging is a daily occurance not a weekly one for say Nokias etc.

D

I have the Elegance, this has a 12v cigarette style socket, but with a plastic dummy lighter in the front "ash tray", it works well for mobile phone charging. Also socket, with dummy lighter in the rear centre console and socket with cover in the boot.

it would be easier to take the 12v from the rear passenger cig lighter socket as this is already in the console. I have an MP3 player connected in such a way in my passat. the head unit has a USB connection so the MP3 is a permanent connection and pawer comes from inside the centre console. only thing is i had to hack the plastic about with a drill and saw. you cant see it as its inside but i woudl not want to do this on a new superb !! ironically the passat now has a 40GB hard drive in it - more than the columbus and it only cost £180 for the head unit !!