Cracked windscreen whilst fitting wipers

As for your screen shattering when going over a pot hole - that's unlikely, and even if it did happen it's laminated so it's not like you'd get showered with big chunks of glass!

Sorry, didn't mean to scare monger.. had just heard of it happening :(

Hello,

check-out breakers yards and get garage/screen people fit screen.

Change insurers and get screen cover, then place a claim ??

Ian. 24/06/2006

Edited by giandougl

Hi This is my first post so if it looks bad sorry,Modern laminated windscreens do not shatter like the old fashioned toughened glass screens.I worked for AG for 5 years and attended training courses etc.so I know something about them.

My Fabia vRS got a huge chip 4 and a half years ago.It is outside the fail area and I will only replace it when I sell the car in a few weeks time.Cracks of a short length make very little difference to the inherent strength of the screen.

When replacing the screen it is very important to use the correct adhesive.This is speaking from experience of seeing bodged replacements on an all too regular basis.

Edited by RobClubley
You must be a Freedom member to advertise items for sale.