Programming second remote key fob with same settings as first

I originally asked this question back in 2007 when I first got my car. I also asked the dealer but no answer has been forthcoming, so ding ding seconds out, round two....

I have Maxidot and when I got the car I programmed my comfort settings (especially single click unlocks all doors) with key fob #1 in the ignition.

I would like these same preferences on the second remote fob but now is it done? With the second fob in the ignition, Maxidot shows my preferences as programmed on the first fob, so is there a technique to "uploading" these settings onto the second fob?

Thanks

Glen

Should apply to all fobs, as you're telling the car what to do, not what a fob does.

But that is definitely what happens - my key fob unlocks all doors with one click (as per setting in Maxidot) whereas my wife's fob only unlocks the drivers door with one click.

How are you setting?

You only need to visit the part in maxidot. No fob button presses needed.

I originally set the preferences with my key inserted by selecting the option for unlocking all doors with single press of remote unlock button. My wife's fob operates as my one originally did, which is to unlock the drivers door only.

Each Key can be set to behave differently. To set up a key you must first UNLOCK the car with the key you want to program. Then insert it into the ignition and adjust the settings you want in the maxidot. Then when you exit maxidot and remove the second key it will retain whatever settings you've selected.

Thats how it's been on my last two L&K's anyways

Must be an L&K thing then.
part of the memory seats package with the L&K

TBH I don't know about that one way or the other :confused:

What I do know is that the settings for each key are not limited to just the seat and mirror positions and the door opening options. It includes everything that you can adjust in maxidot :thumbup:

I noticed this the other day with my car. I used my spare key to open the door and had to press it twice to unlock the rest of the doors. I just then re-set it in maxidot so both keys now open all doors.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry that I've not responded to the numerous comments - first chance I've had to check the forum for a while....

So, if I am understanding correctly, unlock the car with my wife's key, pop it into the ignition, go into Maxidot. Maxidot should then display the settings related to the key - i.e. it should show that the option to unlock the doors is set to drivers only. I should then be able to change it to all doors unlock on single click.

Is that correct?

Cheers

Glen

just to let you know this isnt just and L&K thing. My 58 VRS main key unlocks all the doors which i setup with maxidot. the spare which is rarely use only opens the drivers door and no others.

havent got around to sorting the spare yet

So, if I am understanding correctly, unlock the car with my wife's key, pop it into the ignition, go into Maxidot. Maxidot should then display the settings related to the key - i.e. it should show that the option to unlock the doors is set to drivers only. I should then be able to change it to all doors unlock on single click.

Is that correct?

Glen

Yup, thats how it's worked on mine anyways :)

Thanks everyone for their input on this subject.

I popped out earlier and successfully programmed the second fob.

Now, anyone know how to stop an annoying resonance when decelarating? I thought I had fixed it by removing most of the plastic battery cover but it started again after about 20 miles.