MOT Time

Well Saturday saw my Vrs's annual MOT, got to admit I was dreading it a bit, car is 5 years old and has covered 56,000, 11,000 in the last 12 months.

Collected it at 2pm with just one advisory, my rear tyres are down to 2mm. Well happy, so I've just tax'd it for another 12 months and committed to keeping it for another year, no point changing if there's nothing wrong.

Here's to another 12 months of furby ownership. Makes sense really in the current economic climate.

Well done for passing your MOT. Mine is exactly the same, it's a 2004/04 with 56K miles on it.:) when I bought it there was 37K miles after 2 years. Remember, unless it has already, the timing belt needs changing at or before 60K miles or every 4/5 years.

Do not ask on here about what tyres to buy on the rear, you will be accused of killing Kittens if you don't use the search button.:eek:

Congrats, the car should run on for ages with the correct attention!

My Octavia has got 128k on the clock and is just a little over 4 years old, still goes like the clappers!

The Omega has 149k on! hahaha!

Belt was done last year, looking at my finances this afternoon the thought of changing the Furby is just a dream without a big loan, I don't think I can go back to having a loan after owning this car outright for the last 18 months. Having no monthly payment is lovely. Who knows.

But the thought of a 1 Series 123d is constantly nagging away at me!

To get to 128k I'd have to own my Fabia for another 6.5 years!

I'm in a similar situation - keep looking around at newer motors such as the new octy II vrs cr 170 dsg or a beemer 320d, but can't justify the extra expenditure every month especially as things are so unstable atm. The fabia is a good reliable little car though and for what it's worth now (4 yrs old / 90,000 miles on clock) it probably makes more sense to run it longer than sell.

In the meantime I keep trawling the octy II and superb II forums:)

I'm surprised you were even concerned! Mine's a relative spring chicken compared to some on here are 4.5 years / 72k... Only thing that would have troubled the MoT had I not fixed it in advance were the console bushes - why do VAG make cars with suspension made from cheese? :mad:

Other than that, a failed coolant temp sensor (last year) and knackered stereo (yesterday) are the only other things to have gone wrong...

2mm on the rears! Well yes, technically a pass but hope you treat yourself to some new rubber before the year is out because they'll easily be below the line before the next MoT.

Didn't mean 2mm, they are actually 2.5mm, not that .5 of a mm makes a huge difference like.

I'll be changing them after payday I think.

Legal or not - agreed; it's a black and white rule. Sensible or not to keep going on that tread level is a different matter! No 'lol' if you find your rear end breaking free in heavy rain and creaming off the side of the road with no grip due to lack of tread! Up to you I suppose.............