Converting DVDs to MPEG/DIVX

matt_theforce

I want to convert all my kids DVDs to files that they can watch through a PC, What software gives the best convertion and retains a good picture and sound quality?

The movies will either be played on a 21" LCD tv or a 37" LCD tv

Thanks

Matthew

Haven't tried it but it's Open Source and supposedly very good

HandBrake

WindowsGuiGuide ? HandBrake

HandBrake

"First things first. Handbrake on the Windows Platform does NOT decrypt Commercial DVDs. Let me repeat this. It does NOT decrypt commercial DVDs.

Third-party software is required for this part of the process. (e.g. AnyDVD, DVD43 or DVD Decryptor)

(Note: Please note that these applications are not legal in many countries. You should consult the law in your own country before using these applications. We do not provide support for 3rd party applications!)"

Any Video Converter, assuming it's not a protection breaking program you seek, this one converts among formats, I use it to shrink my TV program Mpeg2's down to a smaller size, but it does convert formats as well, choose the free version.