Octavia III S 1.4 engine camchain or belt?

1.4 TSi is a replacement engine for 1.6 FSi.

1.8 TSi is a replacement engine for 2.0 FSi.

"Classic" 1.4 and 1.6 (MPi) engines are still in production.

In diesel area:

2.0 CR TDI is a replacement engine for 2.0 PD TDI.

1.6 CR TDI is (will be) a replacement engine for 1.9 PD TDI.

And yes, it has become a total mess with these names.

First it was only FSI and TFSI for Turbo-FSI. Then a 1.4TSi came out, which was in fact twincharger and was used in some VW cars. After that a TSi is also being used for turbo-FSi engines (formerly TFSI). But on the other hand you've got an Audi 3.0 TFSI engine, which is not a turbo-FSi, but compressor-FSi (supercharged) engine. Go figure... :confused:

Clear as mud, thanks :confused::confused:

I don't know what you ment by that, but as far as I'm informed all the TSi engines use the direct injection technology or FSi (as named by VAG group).

The other thing is if they work in "stratisfied" mode or not. Correct me, if I'm wrong.

Some more details:

1.4 TSi: List of Volkswagen Group petrol engines - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

EA888 (1.8TSi & new 2.0 TSi): List of Volkswagen Group petrol engines - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 2.0 TFSI: List of Volkswagen Group petrol engines - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I note Wikipedia claim fuel injection pressure is "up to" 150 bar

Just finished looking at this pdf about 2.0Tsi and this pdf about 6 speed DSG

I know these are not the same as the newer 1.4tsi and 7 speed DSG, however the complexity (particularly of the DSG box) is frightening. MAF sensors scare me, but this may be too much for me to worry about!!

Slightly confused.......only to be expected at my age!

Edited by skodakid

I don't know what you ment by that, but as far as I'm informed all the TSi engines use the direct injection technology or FSi (as named by VAG group).

The other thing is if they work in "stratisfied" mode or not. Correct me, if I'm wrong.

Some more details:

1.4 TSi: List of Volkswagen Group petrol engines - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

EA888 (1.8TSi & new 2.0 TSi): List of Volkswagen Group petrol engines - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 2.0 TFSI: List of Volkswagen Group petrol engines - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here's a video

Students Forum - Videos - Viewing: VW TSI ENGINE ANIMATION