Vrs induction kit

Likely been covered alot but here goes.

On my last octavia vrs i just had a simple £100 K&N, it didnt make the engine any louder but just made the dump valve louder which was great. Bad thing was it was right on the warm side of the engine. I have heard the piperscross VIS is good cos its a long pipe that goes down to the bumper but is £230. Does the VIS still make the DV sound loud? Or is there any other induction kit that people prefere.

Im looking to get a dump valve and going to be roped into get an induction kit. will it make the car sound very loud as I like my vrs quite and very unassuming coming up to lights!!lol could your tell me which ones to get and any other parts needed. thank you :confused:

thats the CAI i got, the filter on the end isnt great though, some people stick a couple of layers of tights over the filter or swap it for a K&N. i dont know hoe much louder the kit will make it as i had my exhaust before it so i cant really hear it.

dump valve wise, if you want to keep it discreet get a forge 007p, there is also the forge spltr which makes a whoosh, but its not particularly loud.

cheers, I was looking at buying a new car but going to hold off till next year so want to put a few sweeteners into my vrs to keep me going!! sorry if I sound stupid but would this be the best place to start dump valve/ indu kit!! or maybe sumtin else?..

Thanks for this to:thumbup: now i know what a cai is i'll be looking to get one when i can.

I do notice with my k&n that when its hot i lose a bit of power.

cheers, I was looking at buying a new car but going to hold off till next year so want to put a few sweeteners into my vrs to keep me going!! sorry if I sound stupid but would this be the best place to start dump valve/ indu kit!! or maybe sumtin else?..

as with everything mate it depends on your budget,

there is a remap available for about £100 where you post your ecu off (get it back in 3 days) and thats probably going to be your biggest power increase for the money.

if you want to make the car handle better i would say get the whiteline rear anti roll bar from someone like balance motorsport, which is about £150, and that will give you the greatest difference in handling for the money.

Dv and CAI are defo a good starting point. You if you for example spent about £500 on the above mentioned parts, you would have a vast improvement over the standard VRS:thumbup:

k&n i felt didnt make any noise. Just made the dv louder. I hav seen the splitter and didnt like it as heard the spring needs adjustin alot. The one i seen it on vibrated when the car was hot and sounded odd? Any other DV that makes noise for the VRS, theres gotta be a baileys one. Have seen the Baileys Ventury DV for sale for the VRS on ESP DESIGN but i know the VAG engine needs a resurculating one, so why do they sell it. So is the Piperscross VIS worth the £230 ?

k&n i felt didnt make any noise. Just made the dv louder. I hav seen the splitter and didnt like it as heard the spring needs adjustin alot. The one i seen it on vibrated when the car was hot and sounded odd? Any other DV that makes noise for the VRS, theres gotta be a baileys one. Have seen the Baileys Ventury DV for sale for the VRS on ESP DESIGN but i know the VAG engine needs a resurculating one, so why do they sell it. So is the Piperscross VIS worth the £230 ?

personally i dont think it would be worth £230, thats alot of cash! if you wanted to spend about that much on a CAI then get the carbonio, check out awesome gti's website for pics.

there is a baileys dv30 i think which makes a whoosh, but i think some people have had some problems with them. i think with a CAI the forge 007p makes a bit of a whoosh. but someone else will have to confirm that for me:thumbup:

there is a baileys dv30 i think which makes a whoosh, but i think some people have had some problems with them. i think with a CAI the forge 007p makes a bit of a whoosh. but someone else will have to confirm that for me:thumbup:

I have the ABD CAI and also the Forge 007p, and i can tell you it makes a nice whoosh and very noticable. It is very addictive sound.

Went back to a standard airbox a few times. Latest was a definned airbox(drilled out insides) with a green panel filter and a re routed cold air feed, which with the 007p was a good combination. Actually felt slightIy quicker off the mark, just missed the whoosh so the CAI back on again.

carbonio CAI is still like £200 aint it ? what the ABD CAI. Not goin for a normal K&N again it always got hot, so goin to hav to be some kind of CAI. Have heard Carbonio is good tho.

I have the ABD CAI and also the Forge 007p, and i can tell you it makes a nice whoosh and very noticable. It is very addictive sound.

Went back to a standard airbox a few times. Latest was a definned airbox(drilled out insides) with a green panel filter and a re routed cold air feed, which with the 007p was a good combination. Actually felt slightIy quicker off the mark, just missed the whoosh so the CAI back on again.

That is me to a tee. I had the ebay CAI but was concerned with the filter so opted for standard box with piperX panel filter. I recently got a piperX PX7000 universal cone filter and fitted it to the CAI pipe. Now you can hear me dump from 100 yards :rofl: