Spare wheel...

Just put some 15" alloys on to me 2000 Fabia 1.4MPi, but now need to find a new spare wheel to match the size of my new alloys (as they were 14" before...) Ive looked on ebay and come across a spare Passat wheel that might do the job. Just thought id ask if this would be a suitable replacement?

02 VW Passat full size spare wheel & tyre 195/65 R15 on eBay, also, Peugeot, Car Parts, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 16-Apr-09 16:57:32 BST)

The tyres not an issue as Im gonna get it changed if I get it, seeings as the profiles way too big...

I may be massively wrong, but it shouldn't matter that your old spare is 14" and your new ones are 15" of you selected them properly as the rolling radius will be very roughly the same.

On my Passat the alloys are 17" and the 'get you home' spare is a smaller wheel with a massively high-profile tyre on it. The 'get you home' is common to all Passats whether you have the 16" or the 18" alloys, so as long as the rolling radius matches, I would think it should be OK.

I'm sure that if you only used the 14" spare as an emergency to get you to a garage then it would probably be fine.

If someone wants to shoot me down on this then please go ahead:rolleyes: as I'm the person who always buys 5 wheels the same so my car still looks matched up when it has a puncture:cool: