Howdy and help!?!?

Standley

Guys,

I'm a complete Skoda newboy having just sold my 2001 S3 as it was killing me on fuel and went over the magic 100k mileage so it had to go before it lost me any more money.

I've finally decided on a Fabia VRS after many a night pondering ebay/autotrader and forums and you guys seem pretty ace.

Anyway thats enough kissing your a***s in order to get you to help so here goes.

I do a lot of miles, a round trip of 65 miles a day for work and a round trip to see famly once a month of 600 miles.

I've got roughly 5K to speand and see on ebay and autotrader that for about five and a half I can pick up a tidy standard VRS on 2004/2005 plate with about 50k on the clock from a private dealer.

This appeals to the sensible part of me, the one who likes having a clean license and is due a baby in the nest month........ but theres also the part that craves my Audi's performance. Which brings me on to the dilema.

I guy on ebay has a Black magic for £5,995 which has had Jabbasport remap producing 185bhp.

I'm no expert when it comes to mods and to be honest it massively puts me off.

So I put myself in your capable hands to either convince me one way of another, does having it chipped reduce the lifespan of the engine/parts?, does it significantly reduce the mpg, is insurance a problem, do people struggle to sell it on afterwards or how much does it cost to have it reverted back before selling it on?, Is it worth it, ie is the performance that much different?

One thing that also appeals is that the guy sems to at least know what he's talking about and cares after the car. By buying it from an annoymous small dealer it could have been ragged about by anyone and even spanked a coupl of times.

Well if your not bored by the length of this post your help would really be apprciated!!

Bye for now,

A new fan!