Skoda Retro/Replacement Badges

PastyBoy

Only just seen this thread

1. Imperator - standard 80mm x 2

2. robclubley - standard 80mm x 2 + Postage to NZ

3. Big_dave - black and silver 80mm x2

4. TaylorHawkins - custom 80mm & 55mm in black and white?

5. Bobjim - standard - 80mm x2

6. Taberoo - 80mm x2 Silver (not stainless steel) & black? + matching wheel caps

7. yegnold - 55mm x 4 (alloy wheel centres) - as first example

8. moose52c - 55mm x 1 (steer wheel cent) - 80mm x 2

9. Kablam - custom 80mm x2 (front and rear badge) Black on white

10. AndyVR6 - standard - 80mm x2

11. Okeh -standard -80mm x1

12. Polo6n1600i - std 80mm x2

13. metz - std 80mm x2 custom 80mm x1 yellow and black custom 80mm x1 vrs green and black.

14 Firefighter56 std 80mm x2 stainless steal and black.

15. MattC3156 - standard 80mm x 2

16. ORTA - Black/Silver standard 80mm x2

17. MudPuppy - Custom 55mm x 4 (yellow with black)

18. Birdwell L&K - standard - stainless steel with black 80mm x 2.

19. WaveyDavey - Standard 80mm x2.

20. Andy Spencer - Standard 80mm x2.

21. Phil_monk - std 80mm x2 stainless steal and black.

22. *****7 - std 80mm x2 stainless steal and black.

23. vRS_Si - std 80mm x1 stainless steal and black.

24. Yohan - 80mm (standard) stainless steel and black x2.

25. Robshaw - 80mm x2 stainless steal and black + 55mm black and silver wheel inserts x 4

Feel free to *ahem* PM me.... With more information about money ;)

Hi guys,

i found this board today and i'm very happy finding a person who is able to create a badge.

Would do you think about this?

newbadge.jpg

If you are interested i could give you the grafics in .ai, .png and so on.

I would be very interested in this.

Thanks for your answers.

looks good wolf!

similar enough to be recognisable but different enough to (hopefully) avoid any copyright issues! :thumbup:

If you want any produced let me know

@pastyboy: Are you working on a sample? Because some guys from germany would be interested too in a badge like this, i think.

@all Is someone interested in a badge with this style?

Hi Wolf

I have already had a material sample made up and they work really well, am just waiting for a printed sample (different design though) and will update once it arrives

Can you not just stick them on Ebay as a 'buy it now' and have a link from here to there? If skoda want to chase people on Ebay for copyright, then I would think there are plenty more (current) skoda branded items that would draw their attention instead of one using an 'outdated' design.

Edit: If these are going to be done, I'm definiately interested.

Wolf - pictures attached show the non-printed example situated front and back on my Fabia.

Ignore the wavy finish on the front as the badge is stuck over the original spicky pad stuff shown in the debaged pic.Had i taken the time to strip it down properly and stick it fully then it would have sat flush.

KLM - i know there are plenty of dodgy copyright breaching items on eBay but we need to keep Briskoda out of the brown stuff. :thumbdwn:

@Pastyboy

I don't think there's a copyright problem if you create badges with my grafics. Because no word "skoda" is on the badge and the head is different enough to the original. It can be sold as universal badge for cars with 8,5 cm badges fitting for e.g. skoda. If someone wants to put it on a bmw, why not??

@ KLM That would be really a easy way to sell.

wolf i agree your original design is different enough to no attract any problems from Skoda however the original design (shown in the first post) is too close to an old Skoda logo for their liking so Briskoda cannot be involved in or endorse any production

let me know if you would like some of your design made up (and how many! :)) and i'll get some prices from my supplier

If you can get some pics to me when you have the final item in place i might be interested... Just want to see what they look like / fit like on the curved grill surround. :thumbup:

Cheers

Dave.

• 2 weeks later...

I might be interested in wolf73's design, one for the front grille, I'd have to see what it looks like with one fitted first though. Anyone else think these designs would be cool as wheel centre caps?

Is the design in post #1 still going to be available, or has the copyright issue stopped it ?

This design would be ideal for my grill surround, just painted today.

3576161902_c884111b49.jpg

Would be interested in 2x standard 80mm

Cheers :thumbup:

John

• 2 weeks later...

The plastic caps are flat in the middle and curved on the outside. I pressed too hard on the caps and this meant that the shape of the cap was reflected exactly by the shape of the inside of the badge. With care this can be completely avoided! On the wheel in person it is completely unnoticable and was emphasised here by the flash and relatively hi-res image :)

I fitted my front badge about an hour ago and used some "all weather hard as nails" to make sure it stays there

The badge looks good on a black car and well done to pasty boy for all his hard work in organising the badges:thumbup:

Im sure someone will be along soon with a picture of the badge on a black car