Auto Windows Enable?

Well I reckon it'll work.

Hope so matey. :thumbup: Never underestimate my inabilities though.

My only concern is the ccm will be different on my classic spec, because of lack of folding mirrors etc etc .... but that's kinda the point of all of this, to find out, will report back when I figure it out.

Thanks for the info so far fellas.

Hope so matey. :thumbup: Never underestimate my inabilities though.

My only concern is the ccm will be different on my classic spec, because of lack of folding mirrors etc etc .... but that's kinda the point of all of this, to find out, will report back when I figure it out.

Thanks for the info so far fellas.

I await your report mate as i will have a go tomorrow if successful.

Ok I'm slightly more optimistic today, connected vag-com and verified the version of the CCM and it's one of the ones listed .... so as soon as my serial cable shows up I'm trying it.

Incidentally I reckon this can be done via VAG-COM ..... but so far I can't confirm this. I'm reluctant to try VAG-COM because right now it's only a theory. I'm going to try the method mentioned earlier in this thread first ..... BUT after that I'll try vag-com and post that too.

Ok I'm slightly more optimistic today, connected vag-com and verified the version of the CCM and it's one of the ones listed .... so as soon as my serial cable shows up I'm trying it.

Incidentally I reckon this can be done via VAG-COM ..... but so far I can't confirm this. I'm reluctant to try VAG-COM because right now it's only a theory. I'm going to try the method mentioned earlier in this thread first ..... BUT after that I'll try vag-com and post that too.

everywhere i have read including seat forums, it states this isnt possible via VAG COM

Don't forget to make a note of the original values before you change anything.

where did you get vdc pro from as the site stated early has dead links?

Any luck dude?

Any luck dude?

As soon as my serial cable shows I'll let you know man, right now have a usb cable and not about to try experimental vag-com just yet until I'm reasonably certain I can reset values with vds pro.

There is a function in vag-com to recode the ccm though so perhaps it can be done with that. Want to use the tried and tested method first though.

As soon as my serial cable shows I'll let you know man, right now have a usb cable and not about to try experimental vag-com just yet until I'm reasonably certain I can reset values with vds pro.

There is a function in vag-com to recode the ccm though so perhaps it can be done with that. Want to use the tried and tested method first though.

OK mate, i have got my vagcom license through and within 15min had the laptop plugged into the car and had the following sorted:

ANTI HIJACK

46 – Central convenience

10 - Adaptation

Channel 03 Auto Lock (auto locks car after 10mph)

Channel 04 Auto Unlock (unlock the car when u take the key out)

SINGLE DOOR UNLOCK

46 – Cent Convenience

07 - Recode

The single door unlock give an even number i.e 00064. To make all the doors unlock with one press, just add 1 i.e. 00065

All thanks to roo's guide

Had the added bonus that the car locks itself if key removed for over 30sec

Sounds promising.

Did it sort out the folding mirrors also?

Tempted to buy a cable and have a play...

How much did the vag-com licence set you back?

Thanks

Matthew

Sounds promising.

Did it sort out the folding mirrors also?

Tempted to buy a cable and have a play...

How much did the vag-com licence set you back?

Thanks

Matthew

Dont wanna nick the thread here as Im interested in the total enclosure which requires vcd pro.

However: license cost £68 and i got it in 1 working day. Ive been using the shareware for faults for over 3 years. At least this why you get the full error codes. Worth the investment. I have probarly made my money back within 5min!

Folding mirrors require the autoflex module i believe. My comfort doesnt have folding mirrors. I know this as i enquired about this for my Cupra.

i await your response mate.... where is the ccm info captured on vagcom? I have a licensed version at last! Hope to play around over the weekend as the wife is going to her cousins. It will be my lappy and car all weekend:rofl:

Cable arrived this morning and success. Auto Windows now enabled. Thanks to other posters here for the info. As promised here it is, you lucky people, idiot proof guide to enabling auto windows.

>>> Click For Video Demo <<<

This is going to be extensive only because it's step-by-step - so settle in. :thumbup:

You're going to need.

A Superb

aw1.jpg

An old laptop, something from biblical times with a serial port on it

aw2.jpg

A serial cable

aw3.jpg

An old DOS program called VDS Pro, check this link on another forum, I seem to recall they had some info on that.

Passat World Forums - View Single Post - Window rollup/rolldown audi style without autowindow/alientech/volkswindow

an audience

aw4.jpg

some provisions

aw5.jpg

.... and a little courage

balls.jpg

Got all of those?

Excellent!

On with the show.

1. Connect your serial cable to the laptop and plug the other end into the port under your steering column. Keys in, turn ignition on so dash lights come on. Engine needn't be running.

2. Boot up the laptop into a dos environment (you can use a Win98 floppy disc/CD-Rom). Start VDS Pro (use the vag.bat file to launch the program), you'll be hit by this screen.

vds1.jpg

3. Setup VDS to use com port 1 at a fixed baud rate of 9600. Do this by hitting alt+f to bring the configuration menu down, then press alt+c for connextion menu. Should look like this. Configure as shown and select "ok"

vds2.jpg

You'll be booted back to the screen in step 2, hopefully all will be well and your laptop and car will be communicating well. If not, I can only suggest trying different com ports in the connection menu, however these settings seem to work best with nearly all models.

4. Type 46 to connect to central convenience module (CCM). You should be presented with a new screen like below. Your CCM module number is listed on the bottom left hand side of the screen in grey. Check that number against the tables further down this post. If your CCM number is listed you'll find your memory addresses / original values / new values. Only continue if your CCM is listed below.

vds3.jpg

5. Type 11, to begin login procedure. Login with the number 19283

vds4.jpg

6. Read the current values by typing 26 and entering your corresponding memory address for your particular ccm - again see tables below.

vds5.jpg

Upon entering the memory address this comes up ... or something similar. Make a note of the original values!. Repeat this step for all memory addresses listed for your CCM.

vds6.jpg

7. Ok so it's time to write new values. Type 27. You'll be asked for a memory address and a value. Again refer to the tables below and double check your figures. Don't just copy the screenshot below!

vds7.jpg

After entering each new value you get a confirmation screen like this. Select ok to exit the confirmation prompt. Repeat this step for each memory address listed for your CCM in the tables below.

vds8.jpg

8. Once you've done each value, you can disconnect by typing 06 in the CCM menu to get back to the main menu. Then close VDS Pro down altogether. Now unplug everything, exit your car and lock it. When you now open your car with the keyfob and hold the button the windows should start to roll down and stop when you lift your finger. The opposite applies when locking.

The tables:

The following codes have been collected on different boards in Germany for the listed modules.

I personally found my CCM on an 53 plate Superb classic to be CCM number 1C0 959 799 B. I used the Limousine/Sedan values and all worked fine.

1J0 959 799 AH (any index) and 1J0 959 799 S 03B

Memory Address / old value / new value

04283 / 8 / 2

04289 / 8 / 2

08628 / 242 / 246 driver side front window

12724 / 250 / 254 passenger side front window

16820 / 250 / 254 driver side rear window

20916 / 242 / 246 passenger side rear window

1J0 959 799 J 00E

04286 / 8 / 2

04291 / 8 / 2

04296 / 8 / 2

08628 / 242 / 246 driver side front window

12724 / 250 / 254 passenger side front window

16820 / 250 / 254 driver side rear window

20916 / 242 / 246 passenger side rear window

1C0 959 799 A (any index) and 1C0 959 799 B (any index) for Variant/Wagon

04361 / 75 / 67

04362 / 75 / 67

04363 / 75 / 67

1C0 959 799 A (any index) and 1C0 959 799 B (any index) for Limousine/Sedan

04361 / 74 / 66

04362 / 74 / 66

04363 / 74 / 66

So there it is. Longwinded I know but was going for a comprehensive step-by-step approach. Read through it carefully. My advice is if you're still not confident leave it alone. Screwing with the car's settings can ruin it and leave you with nothing more than a huge paperweight.

Be careful to make sure your CCM module is listed above. Incidentally someone asked how you can get the CCM module number from VAG-COM.

Start vag-com

vagcom1.jpg

Enter "comfort/conv" tab at the top, and select 46 "Central Conv."

vagcom2.jpg

CCM number is listed as VAG Number, top left:

vagcom3.jpg

Good luck :thumbup:

Edited by allclownsareevi
  • Like 1