New Alpine unit fitted now MFD is stuck

I've just had an Alpine head unit (CDA-105Ri) installed (in my Ocvatia 2) with an iPod lead running into the glove compartment. All was fine as I drove home, until out of interest I switched the dashboard MFD screen to the 'Audio' setting to see what it did (if anything) in the way of communicating to/from the Alpine unit.

WRONG!

After holding the button for 2 secs, then clicking down to select Audio, the display read 'Alpine'. This is where it used to (with the factory fit Stream) just display the station name.

It is now stuck on this, and I can't get back to the usual MFD display. Pressing & holding the buttons does nothing. I've switched everything off, left the car for an hour locked all to no avail.

OK I will go back to the installer next week, but as they will probably be as mystified I thought I'd ask here if anyone had met this before to help speed the resolution! TIA.

Can't help you I'm afraid, but tis there any chance you could post some pics. I am thinking of getting an Alpine stereo for my Octy 2 and would love to see how it looks before I take the plunge.

Many thanks

Sorted. I disconnected the battery & re-connected. The MFD has reset all the settings, but it has at least got me back to normal...

As for how it looks - well, it doesn't look as good as the stream - ie it's black as opposed to dark grey. Also the Green illumination of the 6 main buttons isn't very green - more bluey/green. The other buttons are fine, and go well with the Skoda green elsewhere. Sound? To be honest it's not as great a step forward as I had hoped. Also - the speakers tend to favour the front seats, and I want the sound a bit further back. Using the front/rear fader just sounds worse. The BIG plus is the full iPod implementation. I have this runngin to the cubby hole by the drivers right knee.

After holding the button for 2 secs, then clicking down to select Audio, the display read 'Alpine'. This is where it used to (with the factory fit Stream) just display the station name.

That's interesting, did your installer connect your new headunit up to a canbus adapter then?

I'm considering the Alpine CDA-9886r for my Octavia 2. Just picked up the DIN kit from Skoda. Are you saying the improvement in sound quality is not as good as you hoped?

I've just fitted an IVA-D310R in mine and there is no contest in the sound quality stakes. I did a quick back to back and the Stream MP3 sounded flat in comparrison.

It now sounds even better with the time correction is set up :)