Aux In for standard Mk1 Fabia stereo

This has been done millions of times before, and I've searched but the situation has changed as I don't think the volkswagen kit is available any more.

I want (or the girlfriend demands) an aux in port for the standard HU as our FM transmitter (which was pants anyway) has decided to pack in this last week.

Has anyone got any experience or knowledge about how I would go about fitting an aux in socket to the fabia?

If I was truly lazy does anyone know if Skoda would still do it for me? :)

Connects2 do a small box that goes into the changer socket and lets you plug into the HU with a 3.5mm Jack :)

Of course, no good if you've got a changer installed!

They're about £30.

:D I bought it a few minutes ago so we'll soon see :D - thanks for your advice

I have one on mine and I bought it from them works fine

Tip I found the easiest way to remove the radio was to take the trim off either side of the HU (Torx top and bottom under the other trims) then get an Allen key and push the clips in (located by where the slots are in the HU) on the side of the HU.

If you want I'll take some pics for you

I have one on mine and I bought it from them works fine

Tip I found the easiest way to remove the radio was to take the trim off either side of the HU (Torx top and bottom under the other trims) then get an Allen key and push the clips in (located by where the slots are in the HU) on the side of the HU.

If you want I'll take some pics for you

Thanks a lot but I happen to have access to some proper radio keys so the radio should slide straight out without needing to remove the surrounding trim :)

Thanks to everyone who helped with this - including Jason who supplied me with some blank buttons to give me room to mess what I wanted to do up!

This is what I ended up doing.

1. I purchased this: Connects2 Skoda Fabia / Octavia auxiliary input adapter - CTVSKX001 from Connects2

2. I removed the radio using kenwood radio keys

3. I removed the button first in from the left from the row of buttons above the radio

4. I purchased one of these: Metal 3.5mm Stereo Coupler > Maplin

5. I drilled a 9mm hole in the one side of a blank button and forced the coupling (above) in to the hole, flush with the edge of the button

6. I removed the glovebox, fed the wires from the radio slot to behind the glovebox and then put the little silver box thing 'above' the glovebox in some spare empty space.

7. I plugged everything in including the 3.5mm jack that comes from the silver box thing in to the back of the coupling (at the back of the button)

8. I refitted the glovebox, refitted the radio and admired my handiwork!

I can now have auxiliary in sound on CD1 of the 'cd changer' (there isn't really one - it's just emulated)

All of this for about £40 and about 20 minutes of working out where the silver box could go :D

Here are a couple of pics:

S1050486.jpg

S1050487.jpg

• 10 years later...