Halogen DE head lights

The Module headlights use just one H7 bulb.

Main beam is activated by the bulb being lifted by the module...I think

The standard headlights use a H3 bulb (2 filaments)

TBH..I dont like the module arrangement at all.

I would leave it and upgrade your bulbs instead

The module headlamps are great

This is how they work (Copyright Irfant who should take a lot of credit for this)

b2s1.gif

b2s2.gif

If your so inclined you can do this:

http://briskoda.net/roomster/fitting-hid-kit-your-roomster-fabia-ii/127865/

However the cost of upgrading will be massive and I doubt it would be a straight forward swap with the wiring.

To upgrade this headlight:

2 headlights (about 250 Euro in Turkey)

2 cable set with plugs

2 diodes to adapt the H4 system to H7...

In total 300 Euro, I'll have them too in a near future :D

Here, they are waiting for me...

resim002xuo.jpg

Edited by irfant

Bear in mind that you're swapping headlights with two filaments powered on main beam (115W per side) to ones where you only have one filament (55W). I don't think you will feel that the money has been well spent when you have completed the conversion - my projector headlights only give out a decent amount of light when they have 80W bulbs in them (which are not road-legal), and even then they're not that good. What I would REALLY like is some spotlights to fit where the useless (because we very rarely have enough fog to actually need them) front foglights are. A couple of relays later and main beam could have some really decent light behind it. Anyone know of any?

Bear in mind that you're swapping headlights with two filaments powered on main beam (115W per side) to ones where you only have one filament (55W). I don't think you will feel that the money has been well spent when you have completed the conversion - my projector headlights only give out a decent amount of light when they have 80W bulbs in them (which are not road-legal), and even then they're not that good. What I would REALLY like is some spotlights to fit where the useless (because we very rarely have enough fog to actually need them) front foglights are. A couple of relays later and main beam could have some really decent light behind it. Anyone know of any?

I agree. The module is poor. There is a lot of light scatter.

However, the solution is not to convert the fog lights. They are too low ( Below 60cm) and would be illegal due to this and lack of poor visibility

I agree. The module is poor. There is a lot of light scatter.

However, the solution is not to convert the fog lights. They are too low ( Below 60cm) and would be illegal due to this and lack of poor visibility

Yours must be faulty. Mine are great and there is very little scatter at all.

I have no idea why people seem to find the module lights poor. In normal use, the definition you get from them is fantastic and despite a little more chromatic abboration than regular lamps they are very effective. They are every bit as good as the module lamps I had on my VRS (Which had separate high beam) if not better, they are far better than the headlamps on my Punto (Which are module) and are far better than the healamps on my fathers Fiesta. I guess it's like tyres and it's going to be a personal preference. I wouldn't fit them should they not be fitted, it's not really worth the cash but I find my very, very good.

Fit them with HIDs and you will really see the difference

Edited by Decron

Fit them with HIDs and you will really see the difference

I'm sure they would be fine with HIDs - tons of lumens from discharge bulbs. But with normal halogen bulbs they are only just about adequate with 80W bulbs in my view, compared to other cars I have had. I keep meaning to take some photos one night to demonstrate this, but it would be a bit involved.

Are you sure they would be illegal? It's my understanding that as long as any auxiliary lights are not on when the headlamps are dipped it doesn't matter where they are located.

I meant that I was thinking of taking photos of the lights of the Fabia and some other cars to compare on a long straight road at night. The reason it would be complicated is that I would have to drive each of the cars there in turn and that would take some time, and then also I was thinking of trying different bulbs to see the difference - it would all take time...! Sorry if it sounds like a lame excuse.

I have just driven from South Wales to North Acton in London down a very dark M4 and the comparison between my headlamps and that of a Ford Focus makes the Focus lamps look poor by comparison (Although I do have HIDs)

I have just driven from South Wales to North Acton in London down a very dark M4 and the comparison between my headlamps and that of a Ford Focus makes the Focus lamps look poor by comparison (Although I do have HIDs)

Not a surprise - HID lamps have an efficiency of around 85 lumens/Watt against halogen which is around 25 lumens/Watt. So a 35W HID lamp gives out (say) nearly 3,000 lumens compared to a 55W halogen which is about 1,400 lumens. Obviously there are other parameters including how focused the light beam is, but the vast disparity is bound to mean that any HID lamp will be vastly brighter than any single Halogen lamp.

However if you have two filaments (using an H4 lamp, for example) then the difference will be less, although again this will be influenced by reflector efficiency and beam focusing.

To upgrade this headlight:

2 headlights (about 250 Euro in Turkey)

2 cable set with plugs

2 capasitors to adapt the H4 system to H7...

In total 300 Euro, I'll have them too in a near future :D

Here, they are waiting for me...

resim002xuo.jpg

@irfant - do you have any idea if we can get those for RHD cars like the UK and Malta? Are the changes that need to be done simply plug'n'play or is there any soldering, wire cutting, etc involved (since this will obviously void the warranty)?

thanks mate :)

• 2 months later...

I found on the instruction manual that apparently projector lamps are the same for both LHD and RHD cars. Apparently there is a lever that just needs to be adjusted to swap from LHD to RHD and vice versa.

Does anybody know if this is true? cos if it is so it means that we can buy the head lamps from anywhere we find them cheapest. Thanks.

The technician at my dealer said the same... :thumbup:

Cheers mate :) so that means that if I can buy them like you had said for eur240 or so I can get those rather than spending almost gbp400 to get them from UK...

Cheers mate :) so that means that if I can buy them like you had said for eur240 or so I can get those rather than spending almost gbp400 to get them from UK...

Sure!

A couple of my friends also get their HL changed...

No xenon yet...

Mavi?'e mercek far (Bi-halojen) uygulamas?. - Skoda Forum - Skoda Forumu - Skoda Turkey

Still same money, but dealers don't want to send them to another country, reason is the dealership agreement... :(

Just an important remark: A diode should be soldered to the wirings of the high beam to triger the solenoid...

The problem is that the prices aren't the same although they're the same headlamps :thumbdwn:

Strange thing about the diode though... I'd expect them to come just plug'n'play.

We'll have to search on eBay then dude :)

I can shoot and send you a close photo for soldering it, when you get projector HLs.

Without diode modification you can't flash, the behavior of a diode is like a check valve in the system...